testing starter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: testing starter

anyone?

Read the last think I posted. No point asking for more advise if you haven't tried all the suggestions
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

you may need to just take it to a starter mechanic so you can get your machine running and ride again. not sure anyone else on the site is able to help any further. j.b.

On my Argo HDI I just put on a new solenoid.
    To test I have to ground the starter to battery and positive lead to solenoid terminal, and then a positive jump wire to the trigger spade
    connector.

i brought the starter up to my girlfriends father to have a look at it hopefully he will solve the problem for me

when i have the negative wires hokked up and put the starter wire on postive the starter turns even with the key off. help please??

Curtis I take it that your girlfriend's father was able to fix your starter? Are you asking about the connections at the solenoid?

yes the etarter is repaierd.it turn when i touch the starter wire on positive without key in or on....

Curtis you have to be more descriptive, and please answer the question. Are you dealing with the solenoid? OR...are you wiring the starter directly to the battery. If you're wiring directly to the battery its going to turn without the key - that's the wrong way to wire it. Surely you're wiring at the solenoid, right?

oh, ooops the starter wire is supposed to go on the solenoid isnt it.... sorry dirtdobber i had a major brain fart

+ Reply to Thread