Argo-Ski?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo-Ski?

Argo-Ski?

Hi,
    My wife and I just bought an older Sea Doo, and now I'm wanting to get a stand-up jet ski for myself... and possibly for the Argo!
    This design popped into my head today, so I put it to Illustrator.
    It would be a fixed "tug-ski" that would be attached to both the trailer hitch and the outboard mount on the Argo. Not only would it give greater boyancy in the rear for 6x6's, but it "should" give some better water speed. Plus, these older jet ski's are usually under $1000. So, it's kinda a jet ski outboard!
    I know... It's really LONG, but hey... anything to increase speed!

Then, there's this version...

Or This version (the Jet Ski Limo) Two extended jet skis will be connected together so that the Argo can drive up into them.

I know, I know... sounds like science fiction.
    Thoughts?
    ---JIM---
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    (Mythbusters Fan )

Smile jet skiied argo

Your as crazy as i am.lol
    but an argo?

Smile Jet Ski (ED) Limo

I can't beleive that it hasn't been done before. How would the 'skis be steered? Fasten the tires of the Argo like a car onto a car tower axle and your gone.

I've had that idea of driving it up into a hull.. onto left and right "treadmills", each driving their own propellor/jet drive.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Has anyone tried hub extensions with paddle wheels, that you could quick attach with a pull pin? You'd think a set of paddles on the outsides of 4 wheels would make her cook in water. Have the paddles quick detach so you could just throw em in the buggy when ya got across the lake. On big tires you could probably have 16 or 18 inch diameter paddles. Seems like it would displace 10 times the water that the tire treads would. Doc

+ Reply to Thread