Calling all 23 Vanguard Gurus

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calling all 23 Vanguard Gurus

Calling all 23 Vanguard Gurus

Got a 23 I've been working on and getting work done to. Been a long and to be honest terrible process. By the way don't let precision cams touch your heads.
    Any way. I finally got my motor together.
    First run I had bad gas thanks the the nice storm we just had in FL. Motor would only rev to 3600rpm under load and governor hit at 3800 with no load. Also there was a lot of surging happening at lower rpms
    I changed my fuel, and touched literally nothing. Now my motor will hit 5000 with no load which is where I want it to be (yes I have all the proper stuff done), but why the heck is it getting there now when before it would only hit 3800??!?
    Also before it would idle just fine and now it shoots way up in rpm at 'idle'. If I pull back on the governor arm it comes back down to idle.
    Anybody have any ideas? Been two months getting to this point dealing with getting screwed over by 'mechanics', I'm getting close to wanting to walk away from it!

Well if (yes I have all the proper stuff done) then it has to run right, Head work done etc and still running the governor, stock carb?
    Not enough info here for me to get my head around..

A Mechanic and a engine builder are many times two different animals
    Last edited by Nubs; 09-10-2016 at 06:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread