What to do....transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to do....transmission

Thanks Jim....leaning toward hydraulic brakes. I have new rotors ( thicker) I'll look for some calipers to fit.

As Jim mentioned if your case is to old for the hydraulic calipers they can be mounted with brackets. Real early Argos with hydraulics were on the power pack frame. I may have a set of those old mounts. I'll dig in the shed and let you know. I've messed with T20 vehicles that are over 2000 lbs loaded and the final gear ratio needs to be somewhere arround 12 mph top speed with cv belt drive input. Are you chain driving the input with bike engine and trany in front of that? What's your gear reduction after the transmission. Very interesting vehicle.

Yip it's chain driven off the cycle tranny. It is sprocketed down about 30% at the transmission imput. Then sprocketed down again from the output to axel about 40%.I do have hi and low range on the argo tranny. And 6 gears on m/c tranny so it's not bad.I would say top end in high is 12mph...plenty fast

I haven't found out what calipers will fit yet...hope to tomorrow. But I'm sure I'll have to build mounting brackets. The tranny pan or mount is still there but I'm sure the mech. Brake mounts would be in the way.

I'll try to find a pic of the tranny set up. Thanks

IMG_20141029_214103_338 - Amphibious ATV Pictures This is not the best pic all I had....taken couple years ago before it was done.

Found the brackets that will mount stock Argo calipers. Just need to make mounts. I'm headed out hunting in a few hours. Pm me or if you text send your mailing address to 907-388-8582. I'll send them to you.

Thanks...I'll decide what I'm gunna do and let you know. Good luck huntin

I'm wondering if the lack of clutches is not part of the problem. Don't get me wrong the tires and brakes are certainly a big part of it, back the lack of the backshift may also be (hence torque convertor).

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Could be could be. The world may never know. Seems like I've talked to the world and it's all a guess. I've built the beast now can't control it..lol

+ Reply to Thread