Attex Colt axles w/hubs and sprockets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex Colt axles w/hubs and sprockets

Attex Colt axles w/hubs and sprockets

I have a very nice set of axles and sprockets that will not work for a project I was saving them for.

These were reportedly removed from a Colt. The bolt pattern and sprocket locations do not match up with frames from Chief, ThunderChief or SuperChief frames. The front sprockets also do not line up with the brake calipers.

The axles might be home made. They are welded to (through) the wheel hubs. Each axle is 15 and 3/4 inches long which put the wheels very close to the tub. So close in fact that I'm pretty sure the left, rear wheel would have rubbed against the tub at the clutch bubble. I'm not sure if that's the case on a Colt's body.

One axle has a slight bend.

Ideally, I'd like to trade them for a decent set of axles, sprockets and wheel hubs that are compatible with a Chief, ThunderChief or SuperChief frame.

I'll be at the Hamlin race next week and I can bring them. If you're not going, maybe you know somebody who is.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by George; 09-17-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    Banned

hey George i'm looking for a set of tomahawk sprockets. might they line up on your lil truck?
    only super chief sprockets or axles i may have are taost in the junk pile. Name a price
    if you want rid of the sprockets, axles not so sure about, but possible interest in them.

thanks George
    James Gerber

Actually Jim, I was in the process of putting them on my Tomahawk when I discovered that they would not work without modifying them.

If you look at the sprockets, the left and right sides are symmetrical. The T-20 must've sat in the center of the frame. On all my machines (Poly w/T-20) the T-20 sits a bit closer to the right.

I figure with some cutting and welding, they can be made to work but I don't have the tools and skills to do that.
    Banned

yes George perhaps that the stile bolt on t-20 adapters that bolt on the inner bearings
    and the c-clamp stile rear chain tensioners... kinda switching the six chain to four to use up the old stock frames.

Think you can make them work for your Tomahawk?
    Banned

im thinking they would have to be cut and modified. i don't want to butch up a nice set of sprockets.
    thanks anyway George. i may be building up an A stock machine but thats still in limbo for now.

+ Reply to Thread