Points conversion

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Points conversion

Points conversion

Does anybody know where to buy an electronic ignition conversion for a 400 or a 440 jlo engine? I searched the internet and found nothing. Might just be looking in the wrong place.

Call these guys they might be able to help
    Ignitor
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Some of the later Cuyuna (bought out JLO for Scorpion snowmobiles) engines and the 2SI used a couple different CDI systems. I think Zerkle may still sell kits http://zdenterprises.net/2055054.html You can sometimes find ignition sets or whole CDI fired engines on the net, but they're getting more and more rare.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I used to install a kit in the old chainsaws that replaced the points. It's been at lest 20 years since I did a conversion. Might try MFG supply in small engine parts. Part #31-8786 at MFG is the kit I used to install. Not sure if it will work on 2 cylinder but they are great on singles with magneto ignition.
    Last edited by msafi65; 10-03-2016 at 03:59 PM.

thank you . I appreciate the info. i'll check out all those options. I guess for now i'll just throw new points in. Thank you all again.

+ Reply to Thread