China AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: China AATV

Chinese made everything

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Seems that the Chinese market has caught up to our AATV market. There was a time that the automobile from Japan was considered to be junk and was made out of American beer cans but today take a look at a Lexus. Quite a bit of quality involved with the vehicle. For over 5 years I have handled a very powerful electric vehicle and in the beginning the vehicles were not without mutli problems. One issue which comes to mind is the nuts and bolts which never seemed to fit each other. Five years latter the company is producing a very quality and reliable product with little to no problems. This is partly because the design is American and the quality control is also controled by a US controled company. But now the product is more inline with the US market for a comparable vehicle. When products are built and controled from China then the end result may not be what you would like it to be. As far as the Argo products go I have always felt they were over priced for the entire 30 years I have been associated with them but there is little to no compitition other than the Max vehicles which vehicle for vehicle are comparably priced. I have been in the Auto repair business for nearly 40 years and there was a time that I went to GM for GM parts and what I got was All American parts but not today. The GM part may say made in Mexico or a number of other countries. I do feel that an 8x8 vehicle from China at this time with out the proper quality control will be a huge mistake. Now given a few years the vehicles may be worth what you pay for it but most likely the more realistic figure will be much closer the the cost of our 8x8 and 6x6 vehicles we are used to in our country. Generally you do get what you pay for. Everyone have a great day and where ever we go we Argo.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    well i just got the price for the 8x8 with the 52 hp engine 25 inch tires and the CVT - with 3spd+rev trans and it was $7800 CIF to vancouver (That Cost ,Insurance & Freight) and tracks for the 8x8 are 200 dollars a set . judgeing by all the reports on China products gettiing better and better to meet world standards . this particular company is ISO 9001.2000 and interestingly thier products have passed the EU product safety certification,EEC, CE and EPA/DOT certs. (some of thier items are rebadged).

I think this is a gamble that i might be willing to take. the tracks alone are tempting.
    I looked all over on both links for a price on tracks, but I couldn't find any info on them or on a top and windshield. It looks like they might fit on a Argo. Cougar

Chinese AATV

Pepper-it's just my opinion but I believe that the Chinese will do everything in their power to make you happy. I have noticed that Chinese companies are very responsive to fixing problems and they listen to what you have to say. They do not hesitate to upgrade or make something better if the orignal doesn't do the job. They are new to this market and I am sure they want to make a dent. I believe that The three cylinder engine in this machine is the same 800 to 1000cc engine they use in there small work trucks and it's almost bullet proof. It might not be perfect when you buy it but I am sure it will be well tested and that they will work with you on every problem. A 3 speed transmission is what every max owner would love to have. Tracks that fit over big tires and give you traction and ground clearance? How can you go wrong, what more could you ask for? Best of luck

Any new info on this machine??

Well as the chinese stuff goes, my attex 208tt is powered buy a chinese honda copy 16hp engine. The same as the gx13hp with bigger bore/stroke. It has been a great engine and starts up with ease even in zero degree weather. Put choke on and pull the cord and it starts, in any weather and even if sitting for a month. It doesnt start as quick with the electric start though, think it dont spin as fast. I had a problem with the cooling fan exploding and they sent me a new one with no questions asked and they paid the shipping. I have been happy with it. I hate to say it but it is true.
    I have also found that people here cheat on there jobs. They are lazy. Skipping steps. Doing nothing on on the clock. etc...... That kind of people cost the company they work for extra money and in turn they have to raise the price of there product. blah blah blah.
    I know someone working for a company who was manufacturing the roller rockers for comp cams. During testing the needle bearings where seizing up. They where told to ship them anyways. We all need to quit this stuff. It will catch up to us all. The chinese are starting to make a name of better quality then they had year ago. This is serious stuff.
    Sorry for all that but I do feel better, lol.

LarryW

[QUOTE ]
    I have also found that people here cheat on there jobs. They are lazy. Skipping steps. Doing nothing on on the clock. etc...... That kind of people cost the company they work for extra money and in turn they have to raise the price of there product. blah blah blah.
    I know someone working for a company who was manufacturing the roller rockers for comp cams. During testing the needle bearings where seizing up. They where told to ship them anyways. We all need to quit this stuff. It will catch up to us all. The chinese are starting to make a name of better quality then they had year ago. This is serious stuff. [ QUOTE]

LarryW

I hate to agree with you , but I have seen this happen quite often in the GM factory where I work . This is nothing new though , it happens " quite often " in all the big US auto and truck manufactoring plants here in the US , that have a VERY large union and thousands of workers who pay union dues to support it.

I also agree with you and others that have posted about the chinese getting a foot hold in the US economy , and over the long haul , beating us at our own game , just like the Japanese have done . Thats why Toyota is now the worlds largest auto and truck builder in the world .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 08-10-2008 at 01:23 AM.

Well regardless of where they are made I would purchase a set of tracks....I think that would be ideal for the price to use as an experiment in QC of their products.

Pepper, let me know if you go through with an order please. As I live in BC too, I would consider the purchase of a set of tracks to be an investment and would be happy to let you negotiate that if you could.

If you do not purchase, I may eventually do so myself.

I looked all over the web site and ya those machines look good.....it is hard to say if they are good....

Kinda like where I work at the Pub...

Going home at 2 with a 10
    Waking up at 10 with a 2
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Question: What is a half-price argo?

Answer: A Max 4!

Mine will go 25 mph on the flat stuff without three forward gears. I do hope this machine weighs around the same as a Max... or many governments and management areas will disallow them.

I am more interested in hoping the people at RI start putting out units with better and better engines etc. I hope the competition stimulates some r&d from American companies.

Looks like junk to me!

All I have to say is that a lot of Americans died fighting the Chinese in Korea and we are still keeping an eye on them at the DMZ.

This Chinese crook company stole Argos design and was not even shy about making the plastic look the same. What makes you think that they care if they sell you a piece of crap. You have no recourse to try and recover any money if damages occur. Ontario Drive and Gear spent alot of loonies engineering their ATVs and these crooks just stole from them. ODG is a international company with scope and they know a thing or two about liability and patent infringements. They cant stop these Chinese pirates.

Good luck if you buy one of those Chinese Junks.

I would hope someone would consider buying a used ATV made by a honest company before contributing to the Communist Pirates.

There is a Russian company that makes another Argo Clone called the Beetle, I have a picture somewhere. The Industrial Company from Murom, I believe makes it.

Bushman

To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread