Lower HP Machines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lower HP Machines

Lower HP Machines

I was looking at purchasing a Mudd Ox Vengeance 23hp. I was hoping to get opinions from experienced owners. Is the 23hp capable or is more HP needed. Just looking for input.

Thanks

I would think it should be enough power ? If you ever had a 6x6 you can see that its all about the torque value over shear HP.
    Plus it is all in what your plans for the machine are ??

I spoke with Matt about it awhile back, they way he said it, "16hp machines were the most powerful machines for many years. But in case you haven't noticed, as the years went by the biggest motorcycle being a 360cc-500cc became 1000-2000cc."

As time goes, our lust for power grows. They way he explained it to me is the smaller engines will have added flirtation over the larger engine models as well, if it was a gutless wonder they wouldn't sell it with one in it. When you start adding heavy add-ons, combined with a loaded machine and loaded trailer is really where you will see te most difference.

Also consider the T-20's ability to actually gain power while braking, makes a huge factor. So my suggestion is if your planning to swim a lot, 23hp is plenty. If you plan on Pushing snow or using tracks, you may be happier with the 26 or 30hp machine.

The main reason I'm interested in the 30hp is for the liquid cooled engine. I looove liquid cooled.

One more thing I failed to mention, my Max ii 6x6 is an 18hp power house, that tops speed is about 35mph on 22in rawhides.

The muddox tops out at about 25mph. To me, that 23hp model prolly feels about the same as my Max in the bottom end, but with one extra axle and an extra 5 horsies to compensate for it.

Lower HP machines

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit929 View Post
    One more thing I failed to mention, my Max ii 6x6 is an 18hp power house, that tops speed is about 35mph on 22in rawhides.

The muddox tops out at about 25mph. To me, that 23hp model prolly feels about the same as my Max in the bottom end, but with one extra axle and an extra 5 horsies to compensate for it.
    That all makes perfect sense Rabbit but if I could afford it I would want the 38 h.p. and I haven't heard yet but I bet that thats what Dan Edwards bought.?

Thumbs up Larry W

I appreciate the info. Decided to go with the 26hp. Scheduled to be delivered next week. Looking forward to hitting the swamps here in Eastern NC.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 08:26 PM.

So how’s this ever go?? I’m considering one as well but with dual wheels for the crazy floatiness

I think you would be pleased with the Mudd Ox with the 26x14x12 Vengeance tires. They have a lot of floatation and even with a large load, and multiple passengers, the Ox floats much higher than pretty much any other machine I have seen.

Also keep in mind, that the small engine manufacturers rerated the hp of their machines downwards a couple years back. Most are now rated 3-4 hp less than in 2015, so what is now a 23hp would have been rated 27hp then.

+ Reply to Thread