Dans Yellow Ven38 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dans Yellow Ven38 Mudd Ox

Testing the Ox in Mud conditions from Hell

Alright guys, I finally got the chance to take the Ox out for a mud ride from hell. The video I just posted was very short but it will give you a feel of some of the conditions. The quad you see at the beginning was stuck in the clay mud pit. I never saw a single four wheeler make it across this mud pit and as you can see the tires on a 4x4 turn to gum balls quickly and this mud snaps axles and burns out clutches quickly.

How did the Ox do? I drove the Ox on both sides of the quad you see being pulled out and as soon as he was pulled from the hole I drove right through the area he was stuck in.
    The Ox performed very well in that type of mud. The clutching keeps the machines gearing very, very low and I was able to turn tires and walk right through.

I found out quickly that tires have there limitations and I had to work really hard in several holes I could have breezed through with tracks.

I also quickly found that unlike the Argo I could stand and rock the Ox a little side to side and move forward.

I was also surprised to find that if my momentum stopped I could back out. I also learned that the Vendettas will swim slowly back ward.

Mud in the back of the park was the worse I had ever seen and I drove and explored back area without issues, but with out another AATV with me I decided the mud conditions were just to bad.

I have learned that what is easy with tracks is a lot of work with tires. I have considered putting eight 28 inch Outlaws on the Ox making it an absolute beast in the mud but alas even the mighty outlaws would would probably bow to some of the conditions I run in.

Back to the Ox, the T20 ran very, very cool. The ride is the best I have ever seen and I was able to run down trails faster than I have ever gone before with the thick seat and the Vendettas tires soaking up the bumps.

I would have to say that the Ox with tires out performed every other lifted machine in the park (there were hundreds) how ever at this point I am still considering a set of Adair's or eight 28 inch Outlaws. The outlaws may be a waste of money since i don't believe they can handle swamp conditions-hummmmmm?

The Ox was a beast, but good has never been good enough for me so a set of Adair's may be in the Ox's future.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Dans yellow Vengeance Mudd-Ox

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    A wise man said, once you go track you will never go back. That wise man was Dan Edwards.
    Yes Deedeelin,Dan has a lot of fans in several countries.

yea dan, your the man !!! glad you had a good time and test run... i think the tracks are a better choice because you love going thru the worst mud you can find and if you buy all those new tires and still get stuck here and there you'll be bummed out.. plus we need you and deedee as tow boy's when the going get's tuff !!!! even deedee got pulled out at hurricane busco... later, johnboy va.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Just wondering why the only video is it getting winced out.

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    Just wondering why the only video is it getting winced out.
    I didn't have my son with me, he normally shots the video, he has worked every Saturday since I bought the Ox.

I have no doubt that the Ox out-performed every other machine at the park. It just looks like a sexy, big, powerful, 8x8, and with the t20, top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    I remember that, The HighBoy pulled me out. JohnBoy, you get that Lightbar on yet. Was looking at one made in the Amsterdam area, 130,000lm ArgoJim could not hide from that bad boy. My money says Dan buys tracks, ADAIRS!!!
    Dang it and I was going to bring "the turd" April with a flashlight duct taped to it. Really.
    I have no problems with the light bars, shining away from me, other than when Andy showed up with his and we were riding the camp swamp trail (where Sonny planted his Attex last year) and he spun around coming up the hill and gave me 30 inches of LED 4 feet from me on Thursday night, no problems. I think I saw sun spots until the Sunday night ride that lasted until 3am.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Great job Dan, this may have to be my next toy!

+ Reply to Thread