Dans Yellow Ven38 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dans Yellow Ven38 Mudd Ox

Dans yellow Vengeance Mudd-Ox

It is great to watch you and your machine Dan.Thanks for the video. and I am sure you will have the Happy New year that you deserve. Happy Oxing.

Dan's Ox Rocks

hey dan, i love it !! you and deedee will be quite the pair at busco...... those tracks are the ticket...happy new year johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hey dan, i love it !! you and deedee will be quite the pair at busco...... those tracks are the ticket...happy new year johnboy va.

Thank you John Boy Virginia!

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Great video! Looks to be unstoppable.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Updates on the Ox. Here's what I have learned, every machine is different and you have to learn every machine. The Ox requires chains to be tight, My Max always had to have play in the chains because the frame would flex and if they were to tight you could snap a chain.

With the Ox they need to be tight. The T20 has to be kept in adjustment and so do the T20 chains. With Adair tracks this machine turns on a dime but once again you have to know what you are doing. It's easy to forget you have a 1000cc engine with massive torque and the proper technique is to ease on the gas and let machine walk around a tight corner. High speed corners hit the gas pull back a little on one stick and let it walk, to much stick back and your hitting the brakes and that is not good.

I can't really talk to you about fuel mileage but I do have a steel gas tank and a fuel gauge so I shouldn't be running out of fuel like I did one time with my Argo.

Matt told me he would work with me on any clutching changes or gear ratio changes if I decide I need more gearing or clutching-gear changes on the Ox are pretty easy and lowing the ratio up or down only takes a few minutes if you know what you are doing.

So the Ox takes a little more time to get everything sorted out but once you understand what you have to do every thing else is easy. This machine is a rolling test bed, and I am figuring everything out.

Once you have the technique down you can move down a trail faster than any other AATV I have driven but don't try it till you get the control system down. The Ox goes through mud pits faster and with less strain than any of my previous tracked machines (Argo 6x6 HD with Adair tracks, Argo HDI with Adair Tracks, Argo Frontier EFI with Adair Tracks, MaxIV with 16 Inch wide Adair tracks) In fact the Ox is the only machine I have owned that I could steer through the clay mud pit at Big Nasty.

More as learn guys, enjoy!

Out of curiosity, what "highest quality" chain did Mudd Ox install?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    Out of curiosity, what "highest quality" chain did Mudd Ox install?
    He told me the T20 chain was the best you could buy and could only be replaced with the same brand-not sure what it is, quality is not the problem, power is the issue along with tracks and 8 wheels. You have to remember I have a 1000cc Kohler moving power through the system. You also have to consider the mud I run in, that clay pit at Big Nasty destroys 4x4's and my machine moves through it like it was nothing.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 08:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread