...Drain plugs?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ...Drain plugs?

...Drain plugs?

Some one learned a pretty good lesson about drain plugs today.
    IMG_5567.jpg

Pulled him out with my max to a raised area to drain out.
    Meep Meep

Speaking of drain plugs.Does anybody know where u can buy max drain plugs. Other than a dealer?

I bought some screw in type plugs from Walmart, had to slightly expand the holes in the tub though.
    Meep Meep

Thx for the info

Quote Originally Posted by garrett1308 View Post
    I bought some screw in type plugs from Walmart, had to slightly expand the holes in the tub though.
    I bought those, after seeing your post. Yes, the drain holes have to be expanded to 3/4" (IIRC), but my problem is the lack of a flat surface to mount. The drain holes on my Max II are right near the turn in the hull from bottom to side (stern). Additionally, there appears to be a divot of sorts that intersects the drain holes.

My solution, was to build-up a bit of a silicone foundation to bring it close to flat. I let that set for a day, then mounted the plug receiver on top of the silicone surface. Final step was to stuff the new drain hole (threaded) with some modeling clay and spray the whole surface with Flexseal. Sprayed the Flexseal last night and dug the clay out this morning. Have to wait 48 hours for the Flexseal to cure, but overall it looks really nice and I'll have two threaded drain plugs in a couple of days.

What model max do you have?
    I mounted the base inside the tub and have the screw on the outside.
    Meep Meep

Max II.

I didn't think about mounting them on the inside, but that would have been a pain. Not sure I could get tools into that area of the interior. Well, not without using a whole bunch of choice language in the process.

And, those divots I spoke of would have been reversed. So instead of building up some silicon in a small valley, I would have had to build-up to a ridge. Not to mention having to clean all the years of grease off the inner wall first.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out though, so I'm truly not complaining. I like the screw plugs much better than friction plugs and glad you posted about them!

+ Reply to Thread