Max IV steers to the slightly to left

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV steers to the slightly to left

Max IV steers to the slightly to left

Thank to all on this forum my Max is now up and running, rebuild gearbox, new chains and bearings all round runs sweet apart from one problem, it appears to constantly steer slightly to the left, this can be offset by pulling back a bit on the right lever but this appears to slow the whole machine, maybe its an adjustment, anyone out there have any ideas ?

Again thanks to all who have helped me out on this forum and have brought a 30 year old machine back to life !

Check your tire pressure, if one bank of wheels is larger than the other side, you'll veer off. If they're all equal, check the circumferences via a string to see if any of the tires have stretched.
    Last edited by garrett1308; 11-06-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Meep Meep

All new tyres and pressure the same, is there any adjustment i can do on the transmission as it also will only turn well to the right if i push the left hand stick all the way forward and the right all the way back, i have rebuilt the gearbox and i wonder if i have not adjusted properly ?

Best to adjust the tire pressures accordingly. Your transmission input and output will be equal on both sides, you can adjust the bands but that's for correcting odd stick movement. (If the sticks are uneven) but won't change the way it drives a straight line.

Get a tire guage that reads 1-10 psi or so, .5 psi difference in one or two tires is the cause of your problem.

Rabbit929 is right about the low pressure tire gauge. Also, if that doesn't help, measure your tire circumference and don't rely on the pressure readings. Sometimes the same pressure in two tires will not have the same circumference due to the manufacturing differences / variances.

You can adjust the T20 to see if it helps if you like. Just search the forum. There are a couple of posts on how to do that. You can also check the T20 rebuild article in our how-to section on one of the last pages. The instructions are there too. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread