How Long/Far do you ride on a tank of gas?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Long/Far do you ride on a tank of gas?

How Long/Far do you ride on a tank of gas?

As people often ask me how long my electric Attex will run I realize I don't know how long or far a regular 6x6 will go on a tank of gas and how large that tank is.
    Just wondering if I ever wanted to make an electric trail rider what sort of range I'd need.
    So if you could tell me how long in time or how far in distance you go per tank and how large is the tank. Also on your average ride how much gas you use and if you need to fill up again.
    Thanks.

Max holds 5 gallons. Most one day rides I use about 3 gallons on average in my Max II. On our two-day trip to Carolina Adventure World, I had gone through all five gallons the second day around 3pm. Of course that's not constant riding. We stop to talk and we go slow through some of the technical trails.

Really, the small engines have such good fuel economy that you would rarely have to worry about running out of fuel on a day trip.

The not so new argos hold over 8 gallons. Normally a couple/few gallons will do a short, mild ride. Then there's a Haspin ride, where I've gone through 15 gallons. Of course that's Friday day/nite, Sat day/nite, Sun morning.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Well, my 97 conquest with an aluminum top and fairly loaded with 5 people went 26 miles back to a glacier and 26 miles out on a tad over 4 gallons. It was about 4 hours in and 3 1/2 or slightly more coming out taking our time and spotting Dall sheep, moose, etc. It did much better than I thought it would!
    It's not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!

I plow snow in my neighborhood & I can plow 3 miles of shoulder, 12-15 long driveways on our street, all in less than 1 hour & with less than a gallon of gas! As far as on the trails, I go all day long, 5-7 hours, on one 8 gal. tank & do not run empty. (about 1/2 to 3/4 gal. left in the tank, with 3 extra passengers). I own an Argo Conquest 8x8.

Thanks guys, good information.

and the electric?

What sort of run time are you getting out of your electric setup?

" and the electric?

What sort of run time are you getting out of your electric setup? "

I was thinking the very same thing . Inquiring minds want to know .

Look in his electric 6x6 thread here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...6-wheeler.html

Look at the last page; I believe it was 30 minutes to an hour depending on how it was driven, terrain, etc.

Yeah nothing new to report, I still haven't taken it on a long ride so I don't really know. I will report once I do so.

+ Reply to Thread