2 piece sprockets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 piece sprockets

2 piece sprockets

just wondering if anyone else has used the 2 piece sprockets on their machines. i've had no problems with them on my max 2 highboy. the advantage is when you need to remove a axle, just unbolt the 2 halves and off they come. they use a keyway also. sure beats torching or cutting off a frozen one and they are not damaged. johnboy

Where and what kindof two piece? Did you cut the keyway yourself?

rabbit, punch in u.s. tsubaki, inc. and look under split sprockets. lot's of sizes and bores.i did cut my own keyways with a dremel tool. if you take your time you can get a nice slot. i only cut it where the sprocket went. just lay the key in the slot and bolt the sprocket together. clamps plenty tight. johnboy va.

Yeah they sound like an awesome idea. I guess I'd have mine taken to a machine shop and have them cut me some slots, if there is ANY bit of movement it's gonna slop out on ya if you can't get a super snug fit. But this is a great idea, that would save a lot of cost and work on replacing sprockets. Might be wise to swap out set screws with stainless.

+ Reply to Thread