16hp and 18hp Vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16hp and 18hp Vanguard

16hp and 18hp Vanguard

Is there any physical difference in the size of the blocks or are the blocks the same and the bore and stroke where the extra power comes from? My vanguard had a 16 in it when I got it but it's toast and I found a 18hp vanguard that I hope just drops right in after I swap over the throttle linkage and whatnot. Let me know if there's anything about this swap I should know please fellas.

If the PTO end is the same it will drop right in.

External thy are the same. 90% of both swap over to one another.

Engine dropped straight in, everything bolted right up to the 18hp and it fired right up. The new engine has the key switch and all the wiring on the engine. Left it thataway for now since I don't do wiring.

When you go to move the key set up you will see it is real simple ! Just cut and extend the wires to where you want to go. But use self sealing connecters !

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    When you go to move the key set up you will see it is real simple ! Just cut and extend the wires to where you want to go. But use self sealing connecters !
    Or he could leave the engine shutoff where it is and just run another wire to the key switch so he has the ability to shut it off while working under the hood if he wants

Would also make a decent anti theft switch.

+ Reply to Thread