4 Stroke engine mount plate for attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 Stroke engine mount plate for attex

4 Stroke engine mount plate for attex

Ok guys is Richards the only guy out there making and selling engine mount plates to convert from 2 stroke to 4??? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Dave Phelps

Let me see if I can find some pics. We made them for our Attex's out of unistrut and a flat piece of steel for the base. Never had an issue and lots of adjustment. Not the greatest pics but you would get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Let me see if I can find some pics. We made them for our Attex's out of unistrut and a flat piece of steel for the base. Never had an issue and lots of adjustment. Not the greatest pics but you would get the idea.
    Wow! you eliminated the angle mounts i see,will unistrut hold up on 20hp twin ya think??? like the torque of trail riding is what I'm asking??

Thanks again!!

Dave, are you dealing with a 4 chain, or a 6 chain machine? Ive done mounts for both setups. 6 chain 4 chain In either case, the are comprised of angle steel and flat stock. I mill slots side to side for clutch alignment, and use the stock slots for front to rear adjustment
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Dave, are you dealing with a 4 chain, or a 6 chain machine? Ive done mounts for both setups. 6 chain 4 chain In either case, the are comprised of angle steel and flat stock. I mill slots side to side for clutch alignment, and use the stock slots for front to rear adjustment
    It's a 4 chain machine Mike,I see you left the wedges in.were you able to fit motor cover over that twin?

Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    It's a 4 chain machine Mike,I see you left the wedges in.were you able to fit motor cover over that twin?

Thanks Mike
    I'm Mike. He's Brian. We look a bit a like, but he got Dad's brains and I got the babysitter's youthful glow. He modded the engine cover to fit over the Vanny.

It doesn't need to be that flat, but it holds beer a hell of a lot better that way.

[QUOTE=hydromike;207051]I'm Mike. He's Brian. We look a bit a like, but he got Dad's brains and I got the babysitter's youthful glow. He modded the engine cover to fit over the Vanny. [url=http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/wild
    Lmfao!!! Sorry about that.. so if I mount with wedges it's not gonna clear the stock engine cover then is it? If i make the mount lower off the frame it might have enuff clearance for cover without mods?

thanks not saying names anymore!!!!

Dave I have an old mount plate from a Hustler if you want it. It had a single cyl. engine in it. It may be just as easy for you to fab something from scratch, but you can have it if you want it.

The problem with trying to mount it lower (without using the wedges) is that the engine will interfere with the left rear drive chain. There are other ways around it, but it includes getting an idler sprocket in there to route the left rear chain lower. This is why some folks start with 4-chain frame when trying to mount a taller four-stroke engine. The other option is to just build an engine cover from scratch. Not too hard, and they work well.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I'm Mike. He's Brian. We look a bit a like, but he got Dad's brains and I got the babysitter's youthful glow. He modded the engine cover to fit over the Vanny.

It doesn't need to be that flat, but it holds beer a hell of a lot better that way.
    My brother Mike pretty well covered it, but here is how much the engine cover missed by. I mocked it all up with a Honda, but ended up using a Vanguard instead
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread