max IV axle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: max IV axle

Wow, I'll let you know if the axle fits when it gets here lol.

Whipper makes/sells axles!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    Max II axles are definately longer. I just had to order a new Max IV axle from Max6x6 and they do not have any proper Max IV axles in stock. All they have are a bunch of buchered up hack job axles that were made from shortened Max II axles but they've been shortened too much. They are including some thick washers and clamps for the sprocket so I can cobble it together to make it work. Nice
    I'm still trying to figure out why the correct Max IV axle wasn't in stock. NOT ONE? Those Max II axles were probably axles that were rejected by R.I. years ago that were splined too long. The spline stuck out outside the tub past the bearing & would let water in thru the spline. So R.I. never used them. Must be one of those rejected axles that they sent you? Hope they didn't build any new machines with those over the past 3 years.

Bridget
    Last edited by Model Citizen; 12-04-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why the correct Max IV axle wasn't in stock. NOT ONE? Those Max II axles were probably axles that were rejected by R.I. years ago that were splined too long. The spline stuck out outside the tub past the bearing & would let water in thru the spline. So R.I. never used them. Must be one of those rejected axles that they sent you? Hope they didn't build any new machines with those over the past 3 years.

Bridget
    Nope, not one proper axle in stock. It's possible they tried to salvage some old garbage axles. I was also told that the C-clip grooves have been machined in the wrong locations so I will need to use retainers to keep my sprocket and rotor aligned so I guess the only purpose of the newly machined C-clip grooves is to introduce another weak spot for me. What a gong show.

+ Reply to Thread