Splined Max IV axles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Splined Max IV axles

Splined Max IV axles

Broke another front axle today, looking for a couple 2nd hand ones if possible.

Thanks, Steve

Still looking for axles

Philip in Quebec has max axles made without snapring grooves and uses 4130 steel. I can't find number now. Was max dealer for years. I've had several splined shafts made by a buddy with Cnc mill. I purchased the cutters and he did the machine work. I can check into milling some more. The ETD 150 material they were made with from 08-? Was very strong but broke at the outer snapring grooves. The un grooved ones have not failed as of yet. Max II axles were made of material similar to 1018 CRS.

That would great! I've ordered a new axle from 6x6parts but apparently it is a "modified" Max II axle and comes with some extra shims and lock collars I need to use to make it work in my Max IV, ugh. It sounds like there may also be "several" C-clip grooves in these axles as I was told they are left over from an attempt at making a universal replacement axle. I just hope it wasn't a complete waste of money (almost $400 Cdn with shipping and exchange)

[QUOTE=Canadian_Zuk;207692] I've ordered a new axle from 6x6parts

Who is 6x6parts?
    Is that Fritz or Mudd-Ox
    Neither one should be trying to sell garbage parts.
    I think Fritz gets most of his parts from Mudd-Ox (can't say Mudd-Ox Max anymore)
    I hope all the new people to this hobby aren't reading all these stupid threads.
    It's hard to keep all these classics running if you can't get Quality parts. or should I say the right parts.
    Passing off bogus parts can only be looked at one way. Intentional
    Either way its bad for the sport.

Whipper

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    I've ordered a new axle from 6x6parts
    Who is 6x6parts?
    Is that Fritz or Mudd-Ox
    Neither one should be trying to sell garbage parts.
    I think Fritz gets most of his parts from Mudd-Ox (can't say Mudd-Ox Max anymore)
    I hope all the new people to this hobby aren't reading all these stupid threads.
    It's hard to keep all these classics running if you can't get Quality parts. or should I say the right parts.
    Passing off bogus parts can only be looked at one way. Intentional
    Either way its bad for the sport.

Whipper

Opps, they were not from 6x6parts.com, I ordered the new parts from the "manufacturer" at Max Atv Parts

I was told is this what they have for parts now, these ARE the parts that Matt sent along.

[QUOTE=Canadian_Zuk;207698]Opps, they were not from 6x6parts.com, I ordered the new parts from the "manufacturer" at [url=http://www.max6x6.com/Max

I kinda thought that, just wanted to here it from you.
    There's no way Richard would INTENTIONALLY sell someone the wrong parts.

Whipper

[QUOTE=whipper-ag;207699]
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    Opps, they were not from 6x6parts.com, I ordered the new parts from the "manufacturer" at [url=http://www.max6x6.com/Max[/QUOTE]

I kinda thought that, just wanted to here it from you.
    There's no way Richard would INTENTIONALLY sell someone the wrong parts.

Whipper
    In hind sight I should have ordered from Richard, his prices were actually cheaper on the parts but his shipping charges are outrageous. Max6x6.c0m listed the axle for more that $50 more, but their shipping was reasonable and they offered a dsicount when I mentioned I was comparing prices. I bought another axle and misc parts from Max6x6 last year and everything went flawlessly. I only avoided buying from Richard due to all the negative comments about him and his business on this site...maybe I'm paying attention to the wrong opinions lol

BUMP!!

I need a couple of splined Max IV axles, preferabley something better than what the manufacturer has available.

Whipper??

-CZ

+ Reply to Thread