This is a video on the hoot etv its not to bad.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: This is a video on the hoot etv its not to bad.

Bw6 ,

I really liked the Hoot video 2# that you recently posted on Utube . In the second Hoot video it looked like the lighter weight Hoot had a slight advantage in the soupy mud over the heavier weight Argo Frontier , because the person driving the Hoot could use his body english to a much better advantage . You can crawl all over a Hoot just like you can with a 4-wheeler .

Hoot ETV "Extreme Series" Video Part 2 of 5

Mudbug3, Boy you are fast at finding those new videos. I just posted Part 2 last night. Your right in the loop crap/muskeg low psi. on the ground gives you an advantage, in this case over the Frontier. This series is un-edited, so it gives you an honest comparison of different Argo's vs. Hoot. The action gets better as you get towards the end of the series.

Your right about the "body english", they shift their weight as much as possible in this stuff vs. steering because they lose the "full time 6 wheel lock" when they steer. Sometimes that's the difference of making it through or getting stuck.

Sorry I can't post a link, because of the course language, so just search "Hoot ETV Extreme" to watch the series.

Bw6 ,

I have come to this conclusion after watching many amphib videos , riding with other amphibs in a group , plus watching your recent Hoot video on Utube :

1. The total weight of an amphib
    2. The persons experience driving the amphib
    3. The ability to use leverage to your advantage
    4. Tires suited for the terrain driven in
    5. Using momentum to your advantage

The total psi of the amphib plus driver makes the biggest difference
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-16-2008 at 02:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread