Hi,

A little history upfront...

I started tearing into the Attex I picked up recently. It has sat about 23 years. It has a JLO twin (I think it is a 399cc). Well, first off, no spark. Pulled the flywheel, cleaned up the points and pickups. For good measure I also pulled the heads to check the pistons and bore out. Everything was good (the heads are stamped underneath with 399, thats why I think it is a 399CC, but I really don't know because the motor tag is gone). I put it all back together and what do you know, great spark. Dumped some pre-mix into the cylinders and it fired right up!!

Next was the carb. It was off the engine, partially disassembled and laying in the tub when I got. The choke was frozen so I let it soak for about three days. Finally got it apart with a little heat. The slide has been out of the Mikuni for the whole time it has been sitting. It did not want to go back into the bore. I picked up a few flapper wheels and honed the bore for the slide, After getting it nice and shiny I finished cleaning up the rest of the carb and put it back together.

I put the carb back on the engine hooked up a remote gas tank (original tank is gone) and fired up the engine, runs perfect!!!!

Now my problem.

The primary clutch was frozen up pretty solid. I took off the cover and cleaned all the crud and rust off the arms, springs and rollers (rollers are still pretty tight). With the spring tension removed, I still can't get the outer sheave to break loose. I have been soaking it with WD and PB blaster for about 4 days.

Does anyone have any ideas on breaking this loose????
Does anyone have an operational clutch for sale???

Thanks
Brad