ISO Hustler Axles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ISO Hustler Axles

Question ISO Hustler Axles

(If ISO ads are against the rules, please delete.)

I need 2 Hustler axles, non-splined. Had two that were seized to the sprockets so bad I had to cut them to save the sprockets. Looking for the regular axles, NOT the one with the extra long end for the brake disc, although I would consider one of those if you also have the disc, so I could set up dual side brakes. Was hoping maybe someone that switched to splined axles might have some old plain ones around somewhere.

I'm located in central Texas, near Bryan, College Station, Waco, Temple, etc. but don't mind paying shipping if the price is right.

Brent you should have placed this in the wanted section, I'm sure Mike will move it.
    Meantime, contact member racerone3 as he had a complete set for sale.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Brent you should have placed this in the wanted section, I'm sure Mike will move it.
    Sadly, they went through the band saw a month ago and became wheel spacers for another project
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Sorry bout that. Posted from my phone and didn't see the Wanted forum.

Brent I think I have what you need. They are in a rusty parts machine so it may take a little time to get them out. I'll get you a pic when I can.

Dirtdobber, that would be awesome. I'm in no rush. This time of year the good weather doesn't line up with the weekends too often anyway.

Just a quick update, I may only need one axle. I was in Harbor Freight for their big sale with the 25% off coupon yesterday and saw this little guy sitting on the shelf:

5 Ton Three Jaw Hydraulic Gear Puller

I haven't cut the second frozen axle yet, but hopefully this thing will do the trick. It will be this weekend before I get back to the workshop, but I'll let everyone know as soon as I try it.

Hey Brentd, just wondering your status on needed axles. It looks like we are going to have good weather this weekend and I'll see if I can get my parts machine flipped over and pic of an axle ( I store it upside down to keep the water out - it doesn't have a top half). Do you need 1 or 2 axles?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Hey Brentd, just wondering your status on needed axles. It looks like we are going to have good weather this weekend and I'll see if I can get my parts machine flipped over and pic of an axle ( I store it upside down to keep the water out - it doesn't have a top half). Do you need 1 or 2 axles?
    Sorry for the delay, with the big cold spell that came through last weekend, I didn't get to go to the workshop and work on the Hustler. (It's about an hour and a half drive away from me, so I only get there on weekends.) As of right now, I only need one axle. I am fairly confident that the hydraulic gear puller will save the other one, but I don't know for sure.

The gear puller worked like a charm, so I was able to save the last axle. Wish I'd seen that tool before I cut the first one.

+ Reply to Thread