Channel Tracks, pro's and con's

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel Tracks, pro's and con's

Channel Tracks, pro's and con's

I have seen some of the good qualities of the channel tracks but what about the drawbacks. I wonder how they will act when pushing through tree's and brush? will they turn into the tub and cut through. I had Adair 14.5 pro series on my conquest and loved them but they were slick on rocks and willows. I never put the winter kit on because I didn't want to make it to wide. Just looking ahead for when I put tracks on my new toy 2016 750 HDI with bead lockers and axle up grade.

I love driving over trees and bush, I have had 0 problems with the tracks. Only thing to watch for I have found is that a branch or sapling will jam between the tracks and the tub, or between the tires and track (most likely happens with any track). I love taking someone out that has not been in an Argo before and head to the bush, find a spot with thick under growth that looks impassable, the just turn right into it and start breaking trail, the look in their eyes as they grab the O S**T handle is priceless.

All I ever read on here is guys LOVE Them ! Never seen a bad side posted as of yet ?
    I Don't have them but if I was to get tracks they would be the one's .

SHOTGUN, do you have 1" or 1 1/2" grousers and have you bent many?

They Chanels are not perfect, all depends what you want. You need to at least buy or use spacers compared to the Adair pro series. The Raised belt design does not have the initial flotation that a flat track would, for example driving on extremely thin ice rubber tracks would go where I would dare not walk. Chanel tracks do not swim but check out the Buzz swim mod on his youtube channel if that is what you want. The Chanels are not the most extreme track for a specific condition but good to very good at most all conditions. If I had an unlimited track budget I would purchase Escargo tracks and Adair pro series and swap out for the conditions that require the best attributes of either. Chanels in my opinion are hands down the best value for the money.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.

I have had Adair's on my 6x6 conquest and they are a great track. In mud they are hard to beat, but they can be very slick on willows, rocks, ice, and side hills. I run a lot of ground conditions in interior Alaska and the Argo is a great grocery getter, moose, caribou, fish, berries.

I wasn't going to say anything (that would be too predictable), but it always seems to take this kind of turn.
    Well, I've replicated and/or modified every style of track out there. I live in Alaska and use my machines differently than most folks. Many machine owners enjoy visiting ATV parks and playing in the mud.
    If that's for you, and you like what you have, tell everyone about it, and you'll see more folks around you use that track style.
    I strictly deal face-to-face with locals in my neck of the woods so that they can correclty set up their machines for how we use them in Alaska. I like seeing people happy, and while I can build any track style, I refuse to make anything other than eleveated-belt all-steel tracks after having gone round and round and coming to that conclusion as to what works the best. It takes waaaaaaaaaaay more labor than any other style, but I know they work exceptionally well, and I've made a lot of friends because of it.
    I've also taken in (on trade) every other track styles because people experienced certain side-effects and were at the end of their rope.
    I have personally never heard anyone talk badly of the channel or escargo tracks, and I guarantee I would be the guy to hear about it. They all know where I live

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Deedeelin1 It kills me to read that just because everyone else has something that it must be the best. I do not in any way accuse you of misleading anyone, but please realize there is a lot more to a popular product than simply it is "THE BEST". Adiar Argo has to be one of the leaders in the AATV industry, great customer service with a huge product line and investment in R&D for tracks and accessories. This alone plus many other factors will be a major influence in sales of their products( price, advertising, brand recognition, product country of origin, demand for specific attributes of product ect.) . Beagle man has directly stated one of the flaws of the UHMW style tracks and is looking for options. Just like everything else in life there is no one product that does it all. I have the 1.5" Chanels and I believe that is all Marcel makes now the 1" was an earlier prototype I believe. I have never bent a grouser.
    Last edited by SHOTGUN; 01-06-2017 at 03:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread