Michigan Owners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michigan Owners

Michigan Owners

Fellow Michigan Owners, what type of permit or sticker do I need to be legal running my Max IV in Michigan? Will be used mostly on lakes for ice fishing and private land for deer hunting. Also are there public trails like snowmobile trails in Michigan? Can they be ran on the Dunes by lake Michigan like a dune buggy? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks

Ice fishing - Nothing. Private land hunting - Nothing. We are to wide for the snowmobile trails. They can goto the dunes but I wouldn't take any stockish machine. You need something that can keep the wheel speed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Ice fishing - Nothing. Private land hunting - Nothing. We are to wide for the snowmobile trails. They can goto the dunes but I wouldn't take any stockish machine. You need something that can keep the wheel speed up.
    Are 2 strokers good for the dunes?? 440s and such?
    Thanks

Dnr told me we can run orv trails with orv sticker and insurance on water even privet property had to have mc numbers you own the land not the water son had to have fishing license if floating but not if standing on ground !!!!! this was all on father in laws property

I was told ORV sticker on frozen lake just as a regular ATV( Have been checked). MC number is up to the dnr officer, there is nothing in the state laws regards a MC number on a AATV.

We go out on Lake St. Clair all the time with nothing and have never had anything said to us besides those are awesome.

In Michigan an ORV sticker is required even on frozen lakes. I got ticketed for not having one while ice fishing in the U.P.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    In Michigan an ORV sticker is required even on frozen lakes. I got ticketed for not having one while ice fishing in the U.P.
    I would argue that to the officer and tell him to go ticket every snowmobile (regardless of snowmobile registration) and car/truck on the ice (regardless of lic. plate).
    I'm sure I would still get the ticket, but hopefully the judge would throw it out when a specific law cannot be quoted. Michigan DNR officers do not answer to the state police like they should, the DNR only answers to the legislature/ governor. Very corrupt system for the officers with attitude, fortunately the judges have the last word on any ticket.

Looking for Michigan riders, live in Warren, cottage near Clare and Harrison, thanks Larry

+ Reply to Thread