Oil blow back on 84 IC with kol twin series II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil blow back on 84 IC with kol twin series II

If it has been routed that way for a while, and the issue just started, your oil may be diluted with fuel. that raises the oil level and thins it out. A stuck open float in the carb can cause that. smell the dipstick... if it smells of fuel, change the oil and see if the problem persists. Also, use a piece of hose from the breather to an old soda bottle zip tied under the hood somewhere (drill a hole in the cap big enough for the hose to go in. gatorade bottles seem a little more rigid than soda bottles) this will let you see how much oil it's pushing out and contain the mess
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Any tips on getting the oil out short of pulling the engine? I had heard about pumping it out via the filler tube but that's a no go, can't get a hose down the filler tube.As for smelling for fuel i will have to find someone to do that, car paint has destroyed my sense of smell, dog got sprayed by skunk and i could not tell, wife was not impressed when i let him in the house

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    If it has been routed that way for a while, and the issue just started, your oil may be diluted with fuel. that raises the oil level and thins it out. A stuck open float in the carb can cause that. smell the dipstick... if it smells of fuel, change the oil and see if the problem persists. Also, use a piece of hose from the breather to an old soda bottle zip tied under the hood somewhere (drill a hole in the cap big enough for the hose to go in. gatorade bottles seem a little more rigid than soda bottles) this will let you see how much oil it's pushing out and contain the mess
    Also could be a failing fuel pump as if they leak they will fill the crankcase, I didn't think to think of race's analogy. Have you checked the oil level yet? Just as easy as the smell test, if it's over full and thin as water then fuel is the issue.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Also could be a failing fuel pump as if they leak they will fill the crankcase, I didn't think to think of race's analogy. Have you checked the oil level yet? Just as easy as the smell test, if it's over full and thin as water then fuel is the issue.
    Good call Jim, I forgot the pump on them is in the top of the block.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

mine want that bad only a small drop and that was it.

Update did compression test last night and both cylinders came in at just over 100 psi, which is according to service man is OK. Jim i did have a issue this winter with the fuel pump and had to replace the valves in it. Guess going to have to do oil change, which means pulling the motor i guess unless someone has better way of doing it on this older machine. Pictures showing cable that is interfering with the breather tube
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Aahicnow; 02-15-2017 at 10:15 AM.

I had the same engine in the same machine years ago. this was my solution. takes a long time but gets the job done. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...extractor.html

Thanks for the tip. I will have to see if i can find the parts to make one, had not thought of using dipstick tube, just knew i could not use oil fill tube.Even draining into the tub would be a chore as i would have to strip half the stuff off the engine just to get at the drain plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahicnow View Post
    Guess going to have to do oil change, which means pulling the motor i guess unless someone has better way of doing it on this older machine. Pictures showing cable that is interfering with the breather tube
    Pull the engine? Ouch! I would do this if it were the only way but only ONCE. It would go back in with a hose barb in the drain hole,a piece of (correct type) hose and one of those cute quik-drain vales (or any other type of valve) on the end. This gets the necessary components within reach. Then can be routed like Jeff-t-boss says in his post replying on racerone3's thread of the neat extraction system he made. As far as the cable in the road situation,perhaps the hole ca be relocated in the air cleaner housing base. Or,again,do as racerone3 says and just do the "external" containment method. I'm sure this works just fine.

Update 2

Took racerone advice and made oil extractor , oil was very thin so i refilled with 30 weight to full mark and ran for a bit will check tomorrow to see if level comes up.
    I guess carb or fuel pump next

Pic is of oil extractor, fanta bottle and a piece of air line tubing.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Aahicnow; 02-15-2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread