JLO 295 Flywheel removal.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JLO 295 Flywheel removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    if u break your flywheel. hollar i have a few extra......for u, FREE! ( i see you are suffering,)a new style puller? how much? i'ld buy one
    Thanks everyone, for their input. Amphiman, thank you, I will let you know if it breaks, but I think I'm gonna buy a parts engine since I also need the charge coil (The original reason I started this) and now the crankshaft nut as well, and spare parts are never bad. The flywheel puller will thread into the steel threads in the flywheel just outside the crankshaft, that face in towards the crank. The reason JLO put them there is to pull the wheel. They never intended the aluminum threads for the starter cup to be used for pulling, but if you don't get a headache like mine, it seems to work for most people. Jimmy (Mogman) is designing it to be thick, and to take the force of a REALLY BIG breaker bar or ULTRA HIGH TORQUE impact wrench. When he gets it set up, and we test it (Trial by fire) he'll see if they are worth it, and if so, he'll be the one selling them based on what materials cost him and how long it takes.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

if you have them try a port-a-power hollow ram, piece of all thread. and you can also heat up the shaft which will do two things, expand the shaft and elongate it. once cooled it should release its grip on the tapered shaft. as we all know aluminum and steel never gets along when it comes to electrolysis. or osmosis whichever.

+ Reply to Thread