2013 MAX IV for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 MAX IV for sale

Maybe Someone should call Joe and find out the answers asked here ?

Thanks dirtdobber, now I'm really confused. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Ok. I have to admit that I'm as lost as a goose in trying to follow what's going on here. I understand that Jcarr343 bought a machine that he thought was a 2013 but its older. To answer Whipper's question - I despise a scammer. I have some questions, though, because I haven't been on this forum long enough to perhaps know some of the stories behind the stories. Also, Hey Dan's pics don't show up for some reason, so forgive me if my questions are answered by those pics. And, I'm neither defending or accusing anyone with my questions - I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak.

1) Jcarr343 doesn't say where/who he bought the machine. The fact that he says it was a factory demo unit implies it came from a dealer or factory direct, but that is not known factually from his post. Perhaps the machine's origins are known because some of you recognize the picture?
    2) Hey Dan notes that the factory demo machine is the one in his avatar, which looks blue to me. Jcarr's machine is green. Was there more than one factory demo unit? Or, is the factory demo bit is just part of the scam and Jcarr's machine was not a factory demo? I can't follow Hey Dan's post very well because of the possibility of two different machines. When he says "this machine" and "that machine" I'm not sure if he's talking about the blue one, or the green one. BUT, if he is talking about the green one, and it wasn't the factory demo, how does he have such personal knowledge of the green machine? ( I suspect the missing pics would clear up a lot!)
    3) Hey Dan mentions checking a serial number in an Ebay ad, and Model Citizen also mentions a serial number. Where is the serial number and Ebay info coming from, as none are shown in these posts?
    4) I get the impression from egoperf's post that the blue machine was the factory machine, but was the blue machine also the one worked hard, or is he saying the green one was the one worked hard?

As far as scammers on this site - I'm with whipper - kick them off. I have only been on this site for about a year or so, but in that time I have had a few transactions with other members buying/selling/swapping parts, all handled will full mutual trust that items would in fact be shipped, items were as described, personal checks were good - all with 100% success. The membership on here strikes me as good and honorable people willing to devote time, share knowledge, and engage in mutual trust all in the name of fun. One bad apple can spoil the whole basket.

Forgive me if my questions are dense. I'm in Mississippi and I guess we're also last in understanding!

Hey Dan worked for the factory for a time.

The machine was sold as a demo as the owner writes, If the tag on the serial is as stated the machine would have been completed that year or ,depending on month, the next model year. Was the machine sold in 2013 and assumed to be 2013? Was everything renewed in 2013? Was it sold as a 2013?

Some of us have been around along time in the community, but with the 14,000 mentioned we are but a few.

Lots of questions need answers before jumping the gun on opinions from my part.

Dirtdobber just watch a bit, Mike will give someone a spankin before the end after a little investigating as he is just a fair as most of us. Some or all of this post will probably be deleted.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Maybe Someone should call Joe and find out the answers asked here ?
    Maybe Joe will chime in so we can all hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks dirtdobber, now I'm really confused
    Glad I could help!!

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    So one of our members was scammed by another member
    And everyone is OK with that? I think everyone knows who we're talking about.
    I'm just in awe that out of 14,000 members, no one has any comments about this scam.
    It's quite obvious everyone is afraid their post might be deleted and scolded be the administrator, or be shunned by the scammer and maybe not get parts they may need.

My opinion, anyone who scams another member should be barred from this sight.
    And everyone has a right to their opinion and should not be deleted.
    WAKE UP 6X6 WORLD

Whipper

I'm completely lost on this comment. I don't think I've ever scolded anybody in my life. I'm a pretty laid back person. Anyone is allowed to post anything they want as long as they follow the site rules and don't attack other members. That's it, really. The main goal of this forum is to promote the hobby in a positive and family friendly way and I do everything I can to make that happen. If you feel I scolded you or another member, shoot me a PM and let's discuss it because that was not my intent.

Am I going to do something to ban Mudd-Ox or Matt because of this thread and what's been posted? No. I can't make assumptions and have a knee jerk reaction to something like this. Can I see that someone could have been potentially scammed? Of course. Do we know enough about what happened to say that for sure. Of course not. For all we know Mudd-Ox could have explained to jcarr343 the full history of the machine or that it had been used as a demo for several years but would be sold as a 2013. Am I open to finding out more, sure, but to ask me to ban Matt and Mudd-Ox based on this information is not going to happen. I would do the same if someone said this about you. It's not me picking sides but rather trying to be fair to everyone.

Ok, I just called jcarr343 to get the word directly from him instead of making any assumptions. Here is what he told me:

He was explained the full history of the machine including the fact that it was a much older unit and that it had been used by the factory over the years as a test bed for different engines, etc. Before he purchased it, most of the machine was updated except for the body. He is aware that the serial number is much older and this was explained to him before the purchase but his paperwork shows it is a 2013 because of it being sold to him then. He said the unit was heavily discounted when he purchased it and that's why he bought it. Speaking with him, he seemed to understand the full history of the machine and was happy with what he purchased because of the discount he received on the machine.

He also said that he already has a deposit on the machine and someone is coming to pick it up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm completely lost on this comment. I don't think I've ever scolded anybody in my life. I'm a pretty laid back person. Anyone is allowed to post anything they want as long as they follow the site rules and don't attack other members. That's it, really. The main goal of this forum is to promote the hobby in a positive and family friendly way and I do everything I can to make that happen. If you feel I scolded you or another member, shoot me a PM and let's discuss it because that was not my intent.
    Mike you are correct, an explanation of the rules back in 09 which were not read.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He is aware that the serial number is much older and this was explained to him before the purchase but his paperwork shows it is a 2013 because of it being sold to him then.
    Ahhhh now I understand. My 2000 Max II should actually be a 2007 because that's when it was sold to us by the dealer.

Thank you so much.

Bridget

Model citizen, wanna sell that 2007?

+ Reply to Thread