2013 MAX IV for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 MAX IV for sale

The add says "I have a 2013 Max for Sale" , but he knows its a 2000? The ebay listing said the same thing.
    "How deep of water does it float in?"

The ebay listing had the serial number when I first saw it last week. The auction ended a few days ago.

The machine being sold is the machine in my avatar, I don't know why it looks blue in the avatar picture. I have never seen a Blue IV. My post is about one green Max IV only. This machine has had a hard life.

People selling Maxes as newer than they really are is VERY common, and I hate to see people get taken.

A used machine was titled as new? I can't wait to tell the local car dealers that this is legal now!

Even a one year old demo with 10 hours on it is a used demo, sold as the year it was built, not new!

Demo machines do not age while they plow the parking lot, and torture test parts for the engineering department?

The point here is that the paperwork, add, and eBay listing should say 2000 Max IV. What possible reason could there be to change the year if not to mislead someone?
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 04-06-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Ahhhh now I understand. My 2000 Max II should actually be a 2007 because that's when it was sold to us by the dealer.

Thank you so much.

Bridget
    I have a few machines that I wouldn't mind upping the year on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Dan View Post
    The point here is that the paperwork, add, and eBay listing should say 2000 Max IV. What possible reason could there be to change the year if not to mislead someone?
    I'm not disagreeing with you in any way and I appreciate you bringing up the history of the machine so that anyone looking at it knows what they are getting. I would be upset if I bought the machine thinking it was a 2013 and wasn't told its true history.

The only thing I was looking into was whether jcarr343 was scammed when he purchased the machine and he was not. I literally spent 3 minutes on the phone with him and felt bad for interrupting him for this. What I didn't ask was what paperwork shows that it is a 2013. It could just be the bill of sale or it could be something more substantial.

Wow... This is not a very friendly forum.

The machine was sold to me from the factory with an invoice saying it was a 2013 model, so that is how I had to register it. If I said it was a 2000 but all the paperwork says 2013, that would also be misleading. I clearly stated it was a demo unit and I don't know the total hours.

I knew this Max was used to test items on, but the price was still good for all the accessories installed. The motor still runs like new and the drivetrain is in great shape. No one is trying to scam anyone. I feel the price I have listed is fair for the condition and accessories it comes with. I doubt I even put 25 hours on it since the original purchase.

Wow... This is not a very friendly forum.
    This is a very friendly forum, unfortunately not all the users are friendly toward one another

I think what you perceive as unfriendliness is nothing more than concern for our fellow riders. While I have not been scammed by any members of this forum, I was scammed to a degree by the seller I purchased my first Max II from. In my experiences here the members have been very friendly and their guidance and experience has proven invaluable through the restoration of my Max II, as well as my continued modifications. Through my reading of threads on this forum, I have learned of the bad experiences others have had to deal with. This information has helped me to not experience the same pitfalls.

As to the model year of your Max, I think confusion also plays a part. As someone who has worked in automotive dealerships for 30 years the registration result you described is totally opposite of most motor vehicles. A vehicle's "year" refers to it's "model year". The model year is not determined based on date of manufacture, but is assigned by the manufacturer and is represented in the vehicle identification number VIN. This vehicle may have been assembled the calendar year previous to its model year, but is never the calendar year past its model year. Dealerships have some units that are used as loaner, rental, or demo units before being offered for retail sale. As an example, if a 2016 unit, manufactured in 2015, is put into service as a rental in December 2016 and remains in service until May 2017, the unit when sold is still a 2016. This is also true for custom motorcycles as well as name brand bikes.

If an invoice is all you received, the 2013 year of your Max in reality only refers to its registration date. For all intents and purposes, if it was originally manufactured (assembled into a complete, running and driving unit) in 2000, it is indeed a 2000 (or whatever model year the manufacturer assigned to the time period it was built). That being said, if full disclosure is offered any time the unit changes hands, it really doesn't matter to anyone other than the owner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year

YMMV
    Last edited by LW1911; 04-06-2017 at 05:25 PM.

I won't get too involved in this debate but I will weigh in. As far as I know, the DMV consideres the year of the vehicle the same as the year it was registered in. This is used to common be in the automotive industry as well. I've owned several Triumphs TR7s and TR8s that were registered as being 2-4 model years newer than the year the vehicles were actually manufactured in. This was due to shipping delays between England and Canada in the 70s, who would want to pay new car prices for a vehicle that was several years old?? It sure does make finding parts interesting in some cases where there were variations between the model years.

I know this situation is different as the Max in question has seen some serious use and many changes over it's lifetime, but if the vehicle was only just registered in 2013 then it is a 2013 that that just happened to have all of it's components manufactured in 2000 lol.

"new" is relative

-CZ

Ok, so you know your vehicle has a fraudulent registration.

You posted said vehicle for sale on eBay as well as on this forum as a 2013 when you now know it is a 2000.

You do not mention in either ad that it is really is a 2000 even after you were informed that it definitely is a 2000.

When my friend contacted you through eBay and questioned you on the year, you replied "It is registered as a 2013". The fact that is 13 years older than that was not disclosed by you when given a chance to do so, or at anytime before my post.

You have a short explanation, why is that not in your ad?

The machine is a 2000, you know it, but you still marketed it as a 2013.

Anyone bidding on eBay would have thought they were bidding on a 2013 and most likely would be willing to pay significantly more for a 13-year newer vehicle - common sense.

When I saw this on eBay I knew someone was going to get taken. My eye spotted right away that was the Recreatives testing demo unit that I installed a rear winch on - you can see the 4 distinctive holes in the upper body in the back-end between the taillights. I drilled those myself. Plus I confirmed with the current MAX people that that demo unit has serial number 17126 - all INDISPUTABLE.

That is the reason for my long post, I did not want to blow the whistle on this without being able to support my claim. No one has denied that the machines in question are all one and the same.

Draw your own conclusions everyone.

It's unfortunate if you feel that people here are mean for pointing out your, shall we say, discrepancy or lack of disclosure in your ad.

If trying to protect my fellow forum members from getting scammed is wrong, them I am proud to be wrong.

Is your vehicle serial number 17126? If so the year was changed, and what reason for that could there be than for someone to make more money selling it. That was the serial number on your eBay ad.

How does a vehicle go into the Muddox factory as a 2000 and come out a 2013?

The Muddox company, who were so proud to say they bought Max and that they were going to do great things, had all the records on all vehicles in inventory and so they clearly would have known that that vehicle was a 2000 model year used demo.

Shameful that a manufacturer would change the year of a vehicle to sell it, writing it up as a 2013 when it is in fact 13 years older. This is certainly unethical and possibly criminal.

To anyone who could not view the pictures in my first post, I have fixed it with a link to a google photos album.

In case you don't feel like scrolling up, here is the link: https://goo.gl/photos/TAR8AGixu1CPS9ZS6
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 04-06-2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: add link

Great post Dan. I know how much knowledge you have about the original ri. It's very upsetting that anyone could be so deceptive.

+ Reply to Thread