2013 MAX IV for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 MAX IV for sale

I've got a max 4 with new motor, trans, clutch, chains, fuel line, drive shafts, axle sprockets, bearings, choke cable, and I'm shure something else but it's still a 2000 machine isn't it. Or can I get whatever a new one is worth, oh it has a new to me windsheild and tracks and roll cage. It's got to be considered a 2016 by now �������� all offers accepted

The MAX was sold to me from the factory as a 2013 demo unit that was used for testing items like different motors and such. I was told it was in very good running condition and I paid appropriately. The invoice I received from Mud-Ox says it was a 2013 and that is what I used to register it at the DMV. I was never given any information as to the "real" age of the different parts installed in the Max. If you tell me its a year 2000 serial number I believe you, but I am hearing it in this forum for the first time. Also, do you know how old the current motor is or the rest of the drivetrain? When was the last time you saw this max?

I can tell you that it is still in very good running condition, and I priced it based on what I felt the market value is. I also disclosed that it was a demo from the factory. When questioned, I was never deceptive about what I knew of the machine.

I am not trying to scam anyone. I have a buyer coming to pick up the max this weekend and I already let them know whatever history I knew of it.

What would you prefer I do differently?

You don't have to do anything but disclose what you know about the machine, which you are doing. That's what everyone is posting about, trying to understand how much you knew about the machine vs how much Matt disclosed to you about the machine before you purchased it and whether it was sold to you as a 2013 even though it was much older. If you were told about the history and knew what you were buying then the only question is whether a demo unit can be called a 2013 from Mudd-Ox's standpoint. If you weren't told about the history of the machine and it was presented to you as a 2013 demo unit where it was just a 2013 model that had been used a handful of times then it seems like a shady deal when you purchased it. I don't think you personally need to do anything differently, just let the person you are selling it to know the same history that you know before they buy it.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-06-2017 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added another sentence

Jcarr343, If you were scammed, then I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately you know firsthand how much it sucks, and hopefully you understand why I want to prevent this from happening. I will pm you with my cell number, and I hope you will call or text me if can help you in any way with information on the machine.

I would not expect a first time Max buyer to spot the problems with this sale, and that is exactly why I was so concerned.

Like all of our site members, I want to promote our hobby and bring new people in. To have someone new to AATVs get burned so bad is just horrible for our hobby.
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 04-06-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    "How deep of water does it float in?"

Send me your contact info. I would be happy to chat tomorrow.

Pm sent

When we were a dealer quite a few years ago we purchased a MAX II machine to be used as a demo, but we were also willing to sell it. It was a 2006 and the serial number reflected what year the machine was. Well, we did some HUGE changes to it, mostly by modifying it into a springer & were able to sell it to a great dealer DOWN UNDER in 2011. The INVOICE reflected the truth of what we shipped. A 2006 MAXII springer. There is no denying those serial numbers assigned to the vehicles by R.I. They are the VIN # assigned to the machines. It's that easy.
    Jcarr343 stated that the INVOICE said 2013 Model. Assuming that he didn't type up the invoice that's sounds "substantial".
    And.. Heydan, sooo very.very proud of you. It's not easy or fun to call out stuff. Usually gets us in trouble.

Bridget

I spoke with the seller, and he sent me a picture of the invoice from Muddox. It says 2013 MAX IV, and has the serial number of the old Recreatives 2000 used demo.

I told him I would not post it as it has his personal information on it.

This explains his initial insistence that it is a 2013.

He was not told the actual age of the machine, and it is currently registered as a 2013.

Could that be icing on the cake or what?
    Just the facts man, nothing but the facts.
    So what do you do with scammers like that???

Whipper
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 04-07-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Re:2013 max iv

Hmmmmmm....I'm new here,and have been following this thread also. My concern is regarding the dating of any machine by the manufacturer or dealer if it's done any differently than in the automotive industry (and several hundred other commodities).
    Is this 'dating when officially sold/put into operation by a dealer typical of the aatv industry ?? Damn,I hope not.....that would play havoc with the valuation of a vehicle. Maybe typical of a 'cottage industry',I dunno.....

+ Reply to Thread