kawasaki FD620 Fuel in Oil

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: kawasaki FD620 Fuel in Oil

Quote Originally Posted by rapidroy View Post
    Hey buddy, one old goat to another here, you mentioned going through the fuel system when you first acquired the machine.
    Did you perhaps change the fuel pump? These are relatively low pressure pumps approx. 3 psi, if say a 6 psi pump is installed it will lift the float needle and permit excess fuel in the manifold which will richen up the fuel mixture. A rich fuel mixture is akin to driving around with the choke pulled on which could possibly foul the spark plug in one or both cylinders. RR

PS; just noticed you mentioned it is original fuel pump, oh well maybe previous owner changed it or the pressure relief failed, would not hurt to check fuel pressure at the carb just in case...
    Well it certainly would not hurt to check it out. Can't say for sure it wasn't changed before I got it. Just assumed I guess it would not be an item that would be changed inside 82hrs.

Hey! Not shure if you fixed the problem yet but i would replace the float valve in the carb and adj. The valves. If the plug looks oil fouled you may have blown a head gasket at the oil return port look for a bent push rod while the covers are off cause the valve guides walk from time to time.

+ Reply to Thread