What kind of truck do y'all drive?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What kind of truck do y'all drive?

Very nice! Now that's what I call a truck. Thanks for the pictures. I bet it's fun to drive.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I bet that big fuel tank isn't for distance. What does that do, about 35mph?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks TBone, it is a hoot to drive and will go anywhere. It is amphibious but I don't float it anymore due to it being a fairly rare vehicle and the difficulty recovering it if it sank. It is like our AATV's in the water, propels with the tires and doesn't have a lot of freeboard.
    Jim it's not too bad on the fuel mileage, it's all aluminum, even the engine (353 Detroit Diesel). It will run 55 MPH but it is really loud at that speed and not nearly as stable as the family car. More fun slow and cross country. And it has 2 fuel tanks. The military still has a few in service.

1993 12 valve Cummins graciously housed in a d250 longbed extended cab dodge
    Meep Meep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerlarry View Post
    Jim it's not too bad on the fuel mileage, it's all aluminum, even the engine (353 Detroit Diesel). It will run 55 MPH but it is really loud at that speed and not nearly as stable as the family car. More fun slow and cross country. And it has 2 fuel tanks. The military still has a few in service.
    Those 353's are quite popular with the Tractor Pullers in the "stock" classes, they love to turn them up to max and straight pipe them, quite the black smoke and noise show.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

truck

2015 Chevy Silverado crew cab 2500 HD
    17,000 miles

2016 F250 Crewcab 4x4 6.7 Powerstroke short bed.
    8 wheels are better then 4!

2006 Dodge ram 2500 HD lifted

83 Ford Ranger back and forth to work. The truck I use to haul my racers and trail machines is a $500 1990 Ford F-250.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Which engine do you have the 7.3L IDI, 460, or 351?

+ Reply to Thread