Record rain here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Record rain here

Record rain here

Wow, we've been getting rained on for days now. All the creeks, ponds and swamps are busting over their banks! I'm going to head out for some swamp bashing a little later, looking forward to getting some hours on the Max. I hope everyone is staying dry at home. I know PEC is handing out sandbags, got me thinking about PhillipMaxfour....hope all is good!

Happy mudding! CZ

Watch for swift water, ripples are deceiving and can take you a lot further than you want to be.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I know better than to play in currents thanks for the concern. I had a good 2 days of stomping around but I lost most of my footage I'll post some pics and videos later.

10 continuous days with overcast and rain finally ended yesterday, thank God. Weather bureau says we're 7" above normal so far this year.

I needed to buy a pickup load of hemlock slab wood to bridge some areas of the beaver swamp. Getting stuck EVERY day was getting old fast.

slab wood.jpg

Second consecutive day w/o rain. 3 is the record for this spring. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow and Wed's. If so, this is our record breaking week

Record rain

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    I know better than to play in currents thanks for the concern. I had a good 2 days of stomping around but I lost most of my footage I'll post some pics and videos later.
    Thanks for the thought Zuk. I am fine. My front lawn is usually about 9 feet above water. It is half of that or less now. Across the bay the houses are really swamped since they have sloped lawns. Still hoping for a few dry days but not seeing any. They can't send any water down the St. Lawrence river Because parts of Quebec are already under water and the Ottawa River is raging to the east.

It has been raining locally here in Vermont for nearly 1 week. About 10:20 AM today it was raining, snowing and sleeting at once. Just plain cold and nasty. I just checked local climate data and we are 3.75" above normal for precipitation since Jan 1, 2017. I tried to mow my "lawn/lake" this past Tuesday and I had to give up....tractor tires were just squeezing the clay up through the sod and making a slimy mess. Rather than getting stuck or breaking the sod, I decided to let grass grow and I will have to mow it in multiple passes if and when things dry out a bit. I took the MAX II out on Sunday and turned around. I did not want to make a mess on my neighbors land. Again, the clay soil is just so wet it wants to squeeze up everywhere. Even the low weight/pressure of the MAX tires was too much. Riding in the woods has been okay, but crossing fields is out of the question.

+ Reply to Thread