Technical Question MUDD-OX Spacer and Lug Bolt holes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technical Question MUDD-OX Spacer and Lug Bolt holes

Technical Question MUDD-OX Spacer and Lug Bolt holes

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:23 PM.

No problem. A few manufacturers did this from the get-go. Hustler and Swamp Fox come to mind. You can always grind them off and replace if need be.

Ralph, another option for you may be to take the studs to NAPA and have them get you the same stud with a larger knurl area to help hold them in place better. I've done the opposite in the past when going up in stud size. I've got a larger stud with a smaller knurl so that I wouldn't have to drill out the holes in the hub.

Not to deviate from the thread, my experience has been that stripped lugs are generally from impact wrenches and over-zealous tightening. While I use both air and battery impact wrenches all the time, I prefer to finish the tightening process by hand with s standard lug wrench.

I don't mean to say this is the case here, as I have no evidence to speak of other than the issue at hand. It makes me think back to the time I was in high school. I was bound and determined to rotate my car tires every oil change, and kept stripping lugs or experiencing loose wheel studs. Upon discussion with a really experienced mechanic friend of my dad's, he mentioned this theory and suggested applying the final torque by hand. It rubbed me a bit at the time that I may have been doing something wrong because no one mentioned an alternative. After following that man's advise, I experienced no more problems.

Just a thought, and no intention to rub anybody the wrong way.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:22 PM.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-22-2017 at 07:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread