New Owner needs some Eagle/Coot parts (cash or trade)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Owner needs some Eagle/Coot parts (cash or trade)

New Owner needs some Eagle/Coot parts (cash or trade)

Hey Everyone,

One month ago I found, bought and trailered home Eagle/Coot #104. It was the first Eagle or Coot I had ever seen in person. Well, I've spent enough time hovering over it and day-dreaming of what it might be like to drive it. I'd like to restore it back to as original as possible, but I need the following parts to make it happen:

Original Tecumseh carburetor for original Tecumseh 12HP HH120 motor
    Orig. pulse fuel pump and rebuild kit
    Orig. Choke cable
    Orig. Windshield - NOS or Great Condition
    Orig. center steering wheel cap
    Orig. Pennsylvania tires - NOS (New Old Stock) or used in very nice condition
    Orig. NOS Eagle stickers
    Orig. steering column adapter that holds column steady to top of dash.
    Left & Right front wheel drive engagement levers
    Right-side front wheel driveshaft cover. If sold as a pair L&R is fine.
    Orig. Fuel filter NOS or great condition.
    Orig. Tire chains
    Orig. Exhaust (Muffler) NOS or great condition
    I'd really like to find the frame or complete convertible top for this as well as a really nice factory roll bar.

If you have a part that's not listed, please contact me anyway. I didn't list everything that I wanted, but just the items that came to mind first. If you like cash, that's fine and if you like to trade, I have 1969-70 Gemini SST/Maverick 50cc bikes and parts if that interests you. 973-261-2092
    I appreciate your help, Paul

Left & Right front wheel drive engagement levers
    makes me think this is an Eagle

Any pics?

Sounds more like your restoring it than needing stuff to get driving.
    Most crucial in operation is the Torque transmitters and their gears. If you have any questions on the correct oil etc. Let me know.

Orig. Pennsylvania tires - NOS (New Old Stock) or used in very nice condition
    Are going to be VERY hard to find as they have not been in production for the better half of this century. Mine are incredibly dry rotted but still work, you can use new NDT / NDCC tires (NDCC is the correct rounded profile) however they are going to be 3x stiffer or more since 6-8 ply vs original Pennsylvania 2 ply.

https://www.otrusa.com/product/7-00-15-6pr-b-sta-ndcc/
    Are going to be VERY close to the originals or as close as you are going to get.

You specify snow chains, do you mean the traction bars that came with coots optionally?

Otherwise just use Ebay and buy a set of correct sized chains (28" tire sized), Chains on the Coot makes for one of the most unbelievable experiences, just stay away from flat rock faces and you will out preform anything you have or will ever have the opportunity to drive.

+ Reply to Thread