spark

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spark

spark

what can kill it? I put on a new coil and now it's dead. done fine for about a week. was adjusting the carb and it stoped, so i check the spark and there was none. It has current to the coil. any help guy's. thank's.
    working on getting it going. Ing. run's.

I would first look to make sure the ground kill wire isnt shorting out anywhere. If possible unhook it right from the coil and check it. If it does start you may need to carefully yank the plug wire off or choke it to kill the engine. Not sure on what engine you have but if still nothing and it is equiped with pionts then I would go check them. What engine is in it?

Larry

Ok, I looked and you profile says k134. I never heard of that so I am guessing it is a k341 which is the 16hp. If it is really a k134 then nevermind all this, lol. The k341 has external points mounted off the block inside a little box/cover, located under the carb toward pto/crank side. If unhooking the shutoff ground wire didnt work open up that cover and check them. Make sure they are clean and gapped right.

Larry

also the condenser, again, if it has points........
    Make sure the coil is getting voltage in.......
    does this model use a resistor in the voltage supply line? If so, it may have gone, or, if it's supposed to and it somehow got bypassed, you can burn the coil if it's not made for constant 12V.......
    And, of course, the obvious, which is what I usually miss, a bad wire to or from.

good luck
    Henry
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

spark 2

ok guy's sorry. It is a 341 kohler. point's are ok. cleaned and reset cap. It does have fire to the coil. (noob here so be gentle) lol. not sure about the shutoff ground, Im guessing, but does it come from the key switch to the coil? and it has a condenser, not sure if it is good. thank's for responding.

resistor? not sure on that one.i'll see if it has one . thanks again larry and henry. Joe

Well I believe the k341 is the same as a k321 which is the 14hp. If so then it doesnt have a resistor. You say you have power to the coil. So the other end is the negitive side. There should be a wire coming from the points to the negitive side of coil and another wire on the negitive to the condeser. I was thinking wrong with the ground kill wire. You setup should shut down with cutting the power to the coil, so that kill switch ground wire doesnt apply to you.

here's what i have. ck_2008/myargo016.jpg[/IMG]

sorry for the big pic.still working on how to do this. fun being the noob. lol

eng.

+ Reply to Thread