Coot 1st Gear

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coot 1st Gear

Coot 1st Gear

Broke first gear in my Coot, need a replacement. CooTom and Richards relics do not have any.

upload image

I imagine you've already scoured the CootWorld classifieds for parts, so a second option might be to try and get in touch with forum member Coop, who used to have some parts laying around.

View Profile: Coop - 6x6 World

Yes and thanks for the advise

If you are near a Boston Gear dealer a lot of what was used by mfrs may be theirs, if available. The no longer available Apex gear was.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

their website does show alot of pictures of gears that look alot like yours.... good luck in finding one, j.b.

Thanks for the heads up I'll give them a try

I think you should contact forum member Whipper, he has a machine shop in Arizona and should be able to fabricate a gear for you. It may cost a bit more than something that you buy off the shelf, but he does fine work and the gear should outlast the Coot. He will no doubt need you to send him the original so he can spec it out.

get this thing going so we can ride again!!!!! The argo is missing pulling that coot out of the mud

Yea I hear you Castro, I'm having withdrawals to. You’d think in this day and age anything could be had but I’m jumping through hoops and not getting anywhere. I don’t understand how a transmission this heavily produced (All Coots, Eagles, Terra Jets and a number of 6wheelers) for over 30 years and NO ONE kept manufacturing or has a stock pile of this common gear and NO shop can make it so far for under $900!

BostonGear got back to me after I sent the model and drawing:
    “Thank you for your drawing. Unfortunately, we do not have a standard gear that could be altered to match your requirements. We would not be able to made a custom gear for your low 1-2pc quantity. However, thank you for your opportunity and have a nice day.”

I'll try and get a hold of him Noel thanks.

Allwheel if Whipper can't help you I have a suggestion. Find a very competent welding/machine shop. With the proper technique and proper high strength filler material, it looks like that gear can be put back together (although I don't like that tooth in the keyway). Finding a new gear, or having one fabricated at a reasonable cost is ideal, but as a last resort the welding route will at least it will get you going.

+ Reply to Thread