Intek engine?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intek engine?

Intek engine?

Is anybody using an intek v twin? I had an offer for a 26 horse and thought that should be more than enough power, not really finding much info online other than it's not as good as a vanguard and is more of a consumer grade as opposed to commercial grade. Would it be worth using in a max ii or ould I be better using one of the opposed twin I/c engines I've found and have some boot left to invest in chains or bearings or any other upgrades I deem fit for this project? Thanks again guys

No matter what you choose be certain it is a horizontal shaft engine with either a 1" preferably or 1-1/8" shaft 2-3/4 to maximum 4 inches long, I don't recall ever seeing a twin Intek Horizontal.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I My self would stay away from an opposed / flat twin. Thy take up ALOT of room !

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    No matter what you choose be certain it is a horizontal shaft engine with either a 1" preferably or 1-1/8" shaft 2-3/4 to maximum 4 inches long, I don't recall ever seeing a twin Intek Horizontal.
    I'm going by what the gentleman told me, I did do a 26 horse intek search and v twins came up but I don't know much, just enough to be dangerous.

[QUOTE=wedge;216135]I My self would stay away from an opposed / flat twin. Thy take up ALOT of room ![/QUOTE.

Yeah I was worried about that, I'm sure with custom motor mounts it would be doable but my center of gravity would in turn be higher, at least the "easy" way it works in my mind.

ArgoJim thanks for the heads up, I've been looking at alot of 1" shaft engines. And thanks for the length answer also it was a question I asked in another thread.
    Last edited by Dw89xj; 07-19-2017 at 08:14 PM.

With the "V" Twin you will be able to get motor mount and so on as thy came with that engine in them.
    What are you looking to spend as I have a Briggs 16 hp With a clutch already on it.
    It has had the Gov removed but there again you can put one back on it.
    I am in Hanover PA so not all that far from you I think ? You can PM me if you would like ?
    It runs Very good and I was holding on to it incase I found a Project like you have on your hands.
    Jus let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    With the "V" Twin you will be able to get motor mount and so on as thy came with that engine in them.
    What are you looking to spend as I have a Briggs 16 hp With a clutch already on it.
    It has had the Gov removed but there again you can put one back on it.
    I am in Hanover PA so not all that far from you I think ? You can PM me if you would like ?
    It runs Very good and I was holding on to it incase I found a Project like you have on your hands.
    Jus let me know.
    Hanover is close I'm near Carlisle, pm sent.

back to ya ! I was just up to Carlisle for the Mopar show.
    I will call you this weekend.

Roger that, I apologize for any delay this mailbox is quite a bit different than what I'm used to.

+ Reply to Thread