Bead leaks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bead leaks

I'm putting tubes in all six of them. And yes the temperature swings are always a concern as well. On those -20 mornings you tend to lose a pound or two which isn't too bad unless you're low on pressure to begin with. Thinking back I had tubes in a different machine. The only problem I had was water inside the tire. But that one didn't have metal bolt on stems and was in the water more than on land. The tubes are on order. Thanks
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Inner tubes

Well we got a couple inches of snow so I went for a short ride with the tubes in only to return home with two flat rear tires. The stems tore right out of the tubes. That didn't last long. I suspect the tire is spinning on the rim although I can't say for sure because I didn't mark a spot on them. Looks like I'll go back to tubeless and keep airing up every time I use it. What an incredibly huge pain in the posterior this has been.

Bead lock rings? That is an option. I can't find it in the other posts, what size rims do you have?
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

8"

Well that just sucks, let us know your outcome. Personally I don't use any sealant on a new tire with a new rim because I feel it is a contaminant ( no voids to fill), maybe try to clean the beads and the rims with some wd40( will clean bead sealer off) and reinstall them, perhaps a clean tire/rim will adhere better.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I can get them made for you. It takes a couple of weeks. We use them for racing, with them on the tire will never spin on the wheel. I use bead locks and inner tubes on my racer. I would have to get a quote but if a few other people buy a set they are on the average around $150 plus shipping for a set for the entire machine. (6 wheels)
    Attached Images
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

I bet those work great. But for now I think I'll just go tubeless. I'll be sure and mark the tire and rim to make sure that's what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Well that just sucks, let us know your outcome. Personally I don't use any sealant on a new tire with a new rim because I feel it is a contaminant ( no voids to fill), maybe try to clean the beads and the rims with some wd40( will clean bead sealer off) and reinstall them, perhaps a clean tire/rim will adhere better.
    Thanks Jim. That's about all I can do.

Ok so here's what I found out. I took the tubes out and this time marked the tire and rim. After a short ride the rear tire did almost a complete 360 spin on the k lock rims. That's without running from chains. The tires cant slip in the tracks because the tread meshes with the rubber lugs for the tire guides. I am now running front chains again. Chain windup hasn't been an issue I just took them off to be easier on the drive train. Lesson learned. Hopefully someone else can benefit from this.

When I bought my 1050t it had tracks with tubed tires the guy I bought it from said he never had and issue. On my first hunting trip tore off four stems in two days. I put newCarsile tires on and went tubeless and haven't had a flat since. I also welded valve stem guards on all my rims due to romping thru the Hazel brush and climbing Beaver dams.☺

+ Reply to Thread