1970 Action Age Scrambler Running all Original model 1000 serial # 60

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1970 Action Age Scrambler Running all Original model 1000 serial # 60

1970 Action Age Scrambler Running all Original model 1000 serial # 60

I was hoping I could either get some help or if anyone was interested in purchasing this action age Scrambler that is definitely rolling strong now and floating. I don't have much use for it and I don't know what to ask for it it's almost all original obviously painted at some point. I got it out of a barn not even rolling but I did clean it up make new chains, bled the lines got the steering and braking working and then got the original motor running strong...removed points and went to magneto ...but still push button start....20170720_160408.jpg20170720_160355.jpg20170720_160425.jpg20170720_160455.jpg this Scrambler is model 1000 and the serial number is 60 yes I still have the sticker from the dash it's pretty rough but readable can anyone tell me do I have a piece of History or do just have another old 6x6 thank you very much and feel free to send me private messages I will respond as soon as possible

Matt

Western KY USA

Thy are pretty neat machines But don't bring a lot on resale as thy have No reverse .
    But ya never know till yo post it ?

Ok thank you see i wish I could get everyone to leave me feedback like this im totally new to this 6x6 world i just saw something i wanted to get driving again loke i always do then i found the dash sticker and thought i may not need to do alrerations but if its not worth over 1000 im gonna make it my oown.

I had a few of them and my friend Joe M ran one all the time. There are people on here with them also. So best to post any Q's you have as we will pitch in here and help you out !

Well i figured most of it out pretty quick as im used to building hot rods and rat rods which are more popular in my area Western Kentucky I don't have much use for this I'd like to sell it I don't know where PRICEpoint wise I should start. If I was going to keep it I would definitely want to make changes to it especially the steering I've got mine working but how thick should the pads be on the disks I have a feeling that my pads are gone because I'm not getting a slowing when I turn but more of a metal on metal stopping so I haven't done much turning because since I have the original engine I want to preserve it but it runs like a top so I guess I have that question about the pads and then my second question would be about this gas tank I have one in the back that looks like an actual gas can from the late 60s now I know there was one up front I believe under the dash now was that an option or what's the deal mine looks original to that time era and also have a foot or a shoe style gas pedal was that original my machine is pretty impressive given that most of it is from when it was rolled off the line not I don't know guys should I sell it and where should I start price-wise or should I change it up or do I just need some pads for my steering to make it more enjoyable or was this steering and braking system just tough because it was one of the first y'all tell me

Gas tank is stock, foot pedal stock, electric start is not stock on a 7hp was pull only, steering pads are worn if you hear metal to metal, big hole in rear of body is not stock, 1 center tire may be stock, steering wheel is not stock.

There are also friction pads behind the springs on the axles, which you do not have ( at least on the left rear).

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks guys made me some pads
    more enjoyable

+ Reply to Thread