Forum Clean Up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forum Clean Up

Forum Clean Up

Dear 6x6world,

We regret to inform you of a decision made by our entire moderation team. Over recent months, we have received a disappointing number of PM’s regarding select members of the community. Research was conducted on the described members. After digging through their previous posts over the past year, and even further, we found their attitudes to be absolutely disgusting. Their behavior has included but is not limited to:

Intentionally causing drama and leading in provocation of members
    Slander against both individuals and companies
    Numerous displays of pessimism with the intent to impede the transition of forum ownership
    Offensive comments directed towards admins for enforcing site rules
    Posting false information or gossip and presenting it as the truth
    Leading witch-hunts against other members
    Promoting manufacturers using inside information while appearing as unconnected
    Spamming threads with meaningless, single emoji posts and other irrelevant content

A specific group of members have portrayed their image as being prominent members of the community to justify attacking others. However, at the same they time deleted all their previous posts. This included tech tips, videos, photos, and information. Their behavior served everything but the best interest of the community.

Below is a list of the described members:

egoperf
    LW1911
    Model Citizen
    Nubs
    Wedge
    wfo
    whipper-ag

These members have been banned from the site. We understand a portion of the community will disagree with this decision. Some of these members may be personal friends or family. This situation has been a saddening turn of events. We are keeping this thread open but urge to please keep the conversation civil.

With 6x6world freed of these individuals, we look forward to a positive atmosphere that members can enjoy at peace.

Sincerely,
    Outdoor Sports

I have grown from this website, and I like to think I helped this website grow too. I consider more than one person I the list to be a friend of mine. Heck I consider most people on the list to be my friends. I understand wanting to clean up the site and keep it positive, and I also believe publically shaming these forum members/former forum members is uncalled for and unprofessional. There is no need for public shaming from forum members or the moderators. This makes me very sad.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I have grown from this website, and I like to think I helped this website grow too. I consider more than one person I the list to be a friend of mine. Heck I consider most people on the list to be my friends. I understand wanting to clean up the site and keep it positive, and I also believe publically shaming these forum members/former forum members is uncalled for and unprofessional. There is no need for public shaming from forum members or the moderators. This makes me very sad.
    Hey Drew, we completely understand your viewpoint. We believe a public announcement was the way to inform all members at once to explain who will no longer be around, and exactly why the decision was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Bob View Post
    Hey Drew, we completely understand your viewpoint. We believe a public announcement was the way to inform all members at once to explain who will no longer be around, and exactly why the decision was made.
    Thank you for acknowledging my concerns. I have no problem with a public announcement starting why people get banned from the site. My issue is listing the banned members. When a person is let go from a corporation, the corporation does not announce who was let go, but may list the reason for turnover without pointing out who was involved with the actions causing the turnover. It is your right to run the forum however you see fit, but I politely suggest in the future that you refrain from directly listing former members who have been banned in a post with the reasons the ban has occurred. Not only do I find it unprofessional, but I feel it is in poor taste to do so when those that are listed have no way of defending themselves in the post. We are only getting your side of the story. A certain member was permanently banned years ago after many temporary bans. I do not recall Mike ever posting as to who he was and why he was banned, and in the scenario I am talking about, it could have been benificial for the 6x6 community to understand why doing business with that person was a risky proposition. Never expose yourself in a way that could make you liable. Again, thank you for acknowledging my concerns. I hope this forum can return to the happy place that taught me so much years ago. I came here for the knowledge, and I stayed because of the community.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

We understand a portion of the community will disagree with this decision........With 6x6world freed of these individuals
    Moderator Bob, in your original post you don't actually tell us what action you have taken, other than the obvious censure. The language implies a ban, but you don't say. I think the community needs to know.

I agree that there have been some recent posts that seemed to antagonize, but I, like amphibious drew, think this is a bit harsh. Admittedly, I don't know what efforts were made to address this privately, but in essence you have gone back in time to examine old posts and seem to be substituting your judgment now in place of the judgment then exercised by the prior administrator.

Please tell me there was significant private communication before creating this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Moderator Bob, in your original post you don't actually tell us what action you have taken, other than the obvious censure. The language implies a ban, but you don't say. I think the community needs to know.

I agree that there have been some recent posts that seemed to antagonize, but I, like amphibious drew, think this is a bit harsh. Admittedly, I don't know what efforts were made to address this privately, but in essence you have gone back in time to examine old posts and seem to be substituting your judgment now in place of the judgment then exercised by the prior administrator.

Please tell me there was significant private communication before creating this thread.
    Sorry dirtrobber you are correct, these members have been banned from the site. The previous site administration issued countless warnings towards the above users as well as had to delete a staggering number of their posts for breaking the rules. Continuing to our administration, these users have failed to adhere to the site rules and have been a nonstop disruption of the well being of the community (with points listed in the first post). Warnings have been ignored and rather became humerus to this group.

A single announcement deletes room for error in communication on a site with over 14,000 members. Our above statement is harsh, but we stand by our actions in this extraordinary case.

We appreciate everyone's questions and comments. Your input has been valuable in the past, and will continue to be valuable in the future. Our goal is to keep 6x6world a peaceful forum where users can enjoy their stay.

This is sad and disappointing. This forum has definitely "changed."
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

While I agree that it's definitely sad for a forum to have to dismiss such a large group of members, I completely understand why it was done. In my years on this forum I've been able to witness firsthand many of the offences listed in the announcement, and they contributed to an overwhelmingly negative atmosphere in many threads, which is unneeded and unacceptable within a community like this.

These individuals were given many warnings not only by the past and current administration, but the community itself, and persistently ignored them to continue serving their own agenda. This was bound to happen sooner or later, and it finally did. They only have themselves to blame.
    Last edited by TravisW; 08-01-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Last edited by lcheney; 08-01-2017 at 04:17 PM.

my only humble comment is i did'nt like seeing the '' leaving for route 66'' post keep going on and on over the last few weeks every time i checked new posts. i wondered when it would finally be done. and for any new people checking out this site for the first time, what was their impression ? i think members can express their ideas and views on here in a positive,kind way..even if there are different views on things. seems to me if a member finds this site not to their liking at some point the appropriate thing is to just quietly fade out. i think all the few years i've been going to busco,it's always been kind , helping members having a great time together. would like to see this site stay that way as much as possible. thanks, johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread