Forum Clean Up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forum Clean Up

As a friend of several, and an outside observer, this could be called " An assisted suicide", NOT A MARTYRDOM by any stretch of anyone's imagination

Quote Originally Posted by frabbit View Post
    As a friend of several, and an outside observer, this could be called " An assisted suicide", NOT A MARTYRDOM by any stretch of anyone's imagination
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that one Mike, l am going to miss them all the same.

I guess a lot of us, including myself, are just confused and unclear as to what "Outdoor "Sports" actually is. There seems to be no information out there as to clear up this confusion. If more information was available as to who/what this company is, as well as the people behind it, this may clear up these questions and ease tensions a bit.

I haven't been very active the last year or two so I may have missed a thread with the answers to these questions, but I don't believe I have. I thought the image below shows an interesting bit of information where former owner Mike calls Outdoor Sports a "media company" in the "6x6World under new ownership" thread.

Any input/clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

"FYI my screenshot might not come out but I'm sure you can find the thread if you want to)

Thanks,

IMG_0618.jpg
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Why is it so important to know the background of a company that runs our web page? It isn’t as if we are distributing top secret information. It is a web page for AATV enthusiasts. To those of you who are so interested in the background of Outdoor Sports, do you put this much effort into the background of the company that you buy your television from? Your furniture? Your internet service provider? Since the change in ownership some of you are stuck on who the new owner is. Who cares? We can still do all of the same things that we did before. I realize that some of you enjoyed a more personal relationship with Mike but that isn’t the case most of the time. Do you have a personal relationship with the CEO of the company that you bought your last vehicle from? I think it is time to give it a rest and move on. As for the ones who were banned. I am not going to get into whether or not they should have or shouldn’t have been. The owner of the page made the decision based on the reasons that were listed earlier. It is their right to do so just as it is our right to continue to participate in the web page but if you are going to participate then let’s get back to AATV conversations. The horse is dead, stopping beating it.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

It was just a simple question...I'm just looking for a little clarification and am not out to "stir the pot."

I would like to know a little more because I sponsor the website with the "6x6World sponsor" feature. I would like to know if I should continue sponsoring or not.
    Last edited by Duck89; 08-01-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I have grown from this website, and I like to think I helped this website grow too. I consider more than one person I the list to be a friend of mine. Heck I consider most people on the list to be my friends. I understand wanting to clean up the site and keep it positive, and I also believe publically shaming these forum members/former forum members is uncalled for and unprofessional. There is no need for public shaming from forum members or the moderators. This makes me very sad.
    EXACTLY! These were very prominent members of the site that have roots in the hobby going back to the 1970's. Heck, some of these members even helped to resurrect the 6x6 racing scene.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Bob View Post
    A specific group of members have portrayed their image as being prominent members of the community to justify attacking others. However, at the same they time deleted all their previous posts. This included tech tips, videos, photos, and information. Their behavior served everything but the best interest of the community.
    They already addressed that point JP, whether you're prominent members of the community or not, consistently displaying the type of behavior that this group of individuals did can't be tolerated if the rest of the community is expected to be able to enjoy the forum.

I've only been a member for a few years now. I had ABSOLUTELY NO problems paying a miner $20.00 per year for the information that has been given to me this far. I'm not on here to chat about racing, life or the kids. But I am truly thankful for finding this site because of all the knowledge that comes from everyone. My only hope is that those knowledgeable people stay around, speaking for myself I need them. A few of those people unfortunately are some that were asked to leave, hopefully it doesn't effect anymore of the people on this forum. My only suggestion after owning a business for over 24 years, is not to put names out there as it was done, your point was well made no need to continue shaming anyone. Set up your own place for people to go to and discuss the way the site is moderated, But most importantly what I see from this site is most of these people have not only a forum relationship but also a personal, just view some videos from when they all get together and ride at different places, and that may be why your getting some rederic from members who were personal freinds. I need this forum to help me keep a couple machines running for 4 months a year, this place is a lifesaver for me. Thank you to the members and Thanks for listening to my rant.

An awful lot of AATV knowledge just evaporated in one fell swoop when those folks got banned from 6x6world. Tis a pity. Most of them were gracious enough to answer this noobs questions when most of the other 1400 members did not bother. You folks are now gone, but not forgotten. RIP.

I as well as others on here got tired of the disrespect for others and understand the need for action. I also didn't care for the disrespect of posting a list of names. In my opinion the whole thing was handled poorly on both sides. These fine folks who were banned permanently brought way more good than bad. And in fact are pioneers in the sport. Where I work if you mess up you get a temporary suspension followed by a longer suspension then termination. Since everyone here is on the soup nazi kick even he says "you come back one year!".So what do you say Mr. Moderator, how about a temporary suspension instead of a life sentence? I'm in no way implying the duration be decided by an old sitcom either. Everyone deserves a second chance. Then they can decide if they want to come back. After all this is supposed to be a friendly site, let's show a little compassion, and maybe we will all get some in return. So what do you say?
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread