channel tracks and beadlocks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: channel tracks and beadlocks?

channel tracks and beadlocks?

Has anyone had any bad side affects with channel tracks rotating around the tires and getting into the wheels? I've been warned that they could or would eat up the wheels and at $500.00 apiece that would really hurt.

Be pretty hard pressed to believe that. I have Escargo tracks and there's no way my tracks come anywhere near the rim at any level. I would be more concerned with metal track guides like the HD Rubber tracks. Even then when I ran my Rubber tracks on my previous Argo they never came anywhere closer than 2" from the rims in any way and I ran the middle 4 tires at 2 psi and corners at 3.5-5 psi. The track guides just wear the sidewalls a bit which is all, at different places for the Escargo and rubber tracks, neither which has caused an issue as of yet in approx 1000 miles of riding.

One thing to watch for is that the rubber belting is trimmed back away from the sidewall, it can cause premature wear to the sidewall. Never heard or had trouble with a rim though. Fact is if you search Buzz's posts and videos he demonstrates how escargo or any raised belt track operates with a flat outside tire (the most vulnerable), and been able to limp the unit back for repair. Other tracks have a very hard time doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    Has anyone had any bad side affects with channel tracks rotating around the tires and getting into the wheels? I've been warned that they could or would eat up the wheels and at $500.00 apiece that would really hurt.

Beagle Man, out of curiosity where did that speculation come from? In my experience speculation seems to come from those who haven't actually run channel tracks.
    With other track styles I've seen 1) tub above tires rubbed 2) inside tub above skid plate rubbed and 3) expensive tires damaged by the tips of tire guides and also by sticks that fall between moveable tire guide tips and get leveraged into sidewalls

I've never had this happen when running channel tracks (and have never had anyone running channel tracks report any of these things). In fact sticks that fall on top of the elevated belt are free to slide down the belt, and there are no exposed, moveable "tips" on the channel track guides. Sticks don't get trapped and leveraged into the tires. Also the design remains very usable in the event of a flat or leaky tire as the fixed position guides and lack of track surface touching the ground on either side of the tire prevents a lot of the track movement that ruts and uneven ground cause.
    But none of us have ever gotten flats or had leaky tires in the bush right? Nah never happens so I suppose that's not an important trait.
    Now, lets at least have a sense of humor😊
    Last edited by Buzz; 08-01-2017 at 04:12 PM.

It came from a dealer, I couldn't see how the grousers could make it to the wheels but if you don't know you have to ask. Hey Buzz are you taking phone calls or on shift?

+ Reply to Thread