New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 722 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

THANKS

thanks, I prefer a new one right now due to the fact that i'm a collage student and i also have second car as a hobby. Time is tight but none the less when there is time I'm out camping or autocrossing. The weather is going to start cooling off here in florida and I can't wait to go camping, I don't want to feel left out when all my freinds go mudding and trail riding so a new worry free maxII would do just fine. I just don't know about the price. is $7500 to much for an new 2007 maxII with winch, windshild and canopy enclosure?

Smile

Hi, I'm from Chisholm, MN. I've had off road motorcycles and four wheelers for about 35 years. I have some hunting land that has some wetland issues and decided that the best way around them would be with a 6x6. However, trying to find a used one is tough and I'm too cheap to buy a new one. So.... I found an old Mobilera Trailblazer (complete) that needs total restoration (winter project). Other than a few postings and a brochure that I found on the internet, I have no information on it at all. Can anyone help me out?
    Steve D

Quote Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
    Hi, I'm from Chisholm, MN. I've had off road motorcycles and four wheelers for about 35 years. I have some hunting land that has some wetland issues and decided that the best way around them would be with a 6x6. However, trying to find a used one is tough and I'm too cheap to buy a new one. So.... I found an old Mobilera Trailblazer (complete) that needs total restoration (winter project). Other than a few postings and a brochure that I found on the internet, I have no information on it at all. Can anyone help me out?
    Steve D

Hey Steve,

Welcome aboard. I'm not familiar with that ATV. My guess is that someone here can help you though.
    Banned

Smile max 11

Quote Originally Posted by aj143240SX View Post
    thanks, I prefer a new one right now due to the fact that i'm a collage student and i also have second car as a hobby. Time is tight but none the less when there is time I'm out camping or autocrossing. The weather is going to start cooling off here in florida and I can't wait to go camping, I don't want to feel left out when all my freinds go mudding and trail riding so a new worry free maxII would do just fine. I just don't know about the price. is $7500 to much for an new 2007 maxII with winch, windshild and canopy enclosure?
    If it,s got a 20 hp kohler and no hrs. i,d go for it. 18 horse briggs ,maybe, is it a factory Warn winch? The windshield and roof are nice. but a 14 hp with hollow axles,i'd keep looking. But that's just my 2cents

Hi everyone,

I am a greenhorn to the 6x6 world, I live in central WI. and just bought an old AmpiCat at a snowmobile swap meet. This 6x6 is from the 70's or 80's, the body is solid with a few patches on the top. The motor looks to be a fan cooled snowmobile engine, it seems to drive good in forward, but no reverse. The guy said it had a few problems, with the tranny but i couldn't tell. I do have a bar come out from under seat, but not sure what it does. Well that sums up why i am here and what i will be working on. I plan on going through the entire machine. I am a hands-on, nut and bolt kind of guy, with many tools, i will be asking many questions about my project and hope to learn many things. I started visiting forums 10 years ago when i started messing with computers, then snowmobiles and now i am here. Any place i should go first to find out about my ampicat 6x6?

Welcome aboard Hopper. I would suggest amphiman1 for all info on the amphicat. There are others out there too but he is the first that comes to my mind. Try PM him with your questions.
    Larry

Hopper ,

Welcome to the amphibious forum. Good luck with the restoration of the amphicat you recently bougtht.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    I am a greenhorn to the 6x6 world, I live in central WI. and just bought an old AmpiCat at a snowmobile swap meet. This 6x6 is from the 70's or 80's, the body is solid with a few patches on the top. The motor looks to be a fan cooled snowmobile engine, it seems to drive good in forward, but no reverse. The guy said it had a few problems, with the tranny but i couldn't tell. I do have a bar come out from under seat, but not sure what it does. Well that sums up why i am here and what i will be working on. I plan on going through the entire machine. I am a hands-on, nut and bolt kind of guy, with many tools, i will be asking many questions about my project and hope to learn many things. I started visiting forums 10 years ago when i started messing with computers, then snowmobiles and now i am here. Any place i should go first to find out about my ampicat 6x6?
    coollllllllllllllllllllll . welcom to the site glad you are here . as larry said pm amph man . he is good on those . can't wait to see it . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Hello, I'm new to the group. And this is the first 6 wheeler I've ever owned. (always wanted one)
    It was sitting at a friends farm in rural Saskatchewan. Looks like an ARGO but its a EZEE-ON VA6./ Made by EZEE-ON Manufacturing of Vegreville, AB.
    The engine and drive clutch were seized up and the driven clutch worn out.
    So I purchased a 13HP Princess Auto Honda clone. A 40 series Comet drive and driven clutch. And am currently in the process of finishing the engine mount. Building a floor for it. And replacing the tires. It has 7" W x 12" wheels. And it had really old cracked up 23.0 x 9.5 x 12 turf tires.
    I'm considering the Duro HF243 in 25 x 10 x 12...but if anyone has a better recommendation. Feel welcome to provide it. Looking for good snow performance...w/o going to tracks. I also figured that the Duro might work with tracks if I decided to get them. But I figure with the limited power...staying on wheels might be best.
    The 6 wheeler seems to have a proprietary gearbox with the manufactures name on it. One forward and one reverse speed. It uses a stack of steering clutches on the trans output driveshafts. And a mechanical disc brake mounted to the steering clutch packs. After lots of cleaning and adjusting. Finally have the system back in proper working order. Good thing those clutch packs were in good condition. I'm sure it would be very difficult to find replacement parts.
    I'm a little surprised that there doesn't appear to be any method of tensioning the chains. nor any sign or holes where some type of tensioner may have been mounted.

The original engine appears to have been a Kioritz KEC-340, fan cooled twin with a single carb. With the engine conversion I'm adding an electric fuel pump. As the fuel tank is a little high for the location of the carb on the Honda clone engine. Obviously the original engine had a pulse pump.
    So hoping to have it back together shortly...

I'll post some pics when its passed the first test drive.

I've never heard of that machine before.....can you post some pictures for us, I'd really love to see it. Those old odd-ball 6 wheelers are really cool. It sounds like it will be a nice machine when you're done. Anyways, welcome to the site!

+ Reply to Thread