New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 722 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 718 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi gunn, welcome to the site.

Hey everyone. Just bought a '96 argo vangaurd 2. Tore it all apart its been fun so far. Need to do bearings all around and some sprockets. Tore the trans. apart and need to replace a few gears, and tighten up the linkage. Will also replace all bearings in trans as well. I am sure I will need some advice along the way. I am from Alberta, Canada.

chime up, very valuble info on these machenes here and everyone is willing to share. welcome
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I live in central Pennsylvania. I have been look for a fourwheeler in the classifieds. When I found you guys. My uncle had 6X6 on his farm when I was a kid. I remember how cool it was, but I don't remember how fast it went. I'm considedering buying one instead of a quad. Can anyone tell me how fast they go. I've seen some with briggs and stratons and 500cc engines. Mabe someone could point me in the right direction, so i know what to buy.

Hi Bulldogge, welcome to the site. Most 6x6's currently made will have a top speed of around 25mph from the factory. The two strokes that you mentioned will all be older machines, but they will have a faster top end between 30-50 mph depending upon the model. There are quite a few guys on the site here that have modified or larger than stock four stroke motors. Most are ungoverned and will run in the 30-40mph range. I have a Max II with a 28hp motor and I GPS'd it the other day and got 41mph.

These speeds are not something you will see for extended periods of time, especially since the only suspension that a stock 6x6 has is the low pressure tires. That slows you down on the trails. So, a quad will be much faster on the trails. With that said, 6x6's will take you through more challenging terrain more easily and of course you have the benefit of floating.

Ultimately, if you are looking for something to fly down the trails with, a quad would probably be better. If you enjoy more technical and challenging trails or need to cross bodies of water, an AATV would be the better choice. There are a few threads on here comparing 6x6 / 8x8 ATVs with side by sides and quads. Use the search, read a little, and watch some videos and you will get a good idea of their capabilities. Good luck in your decision.

I just found this site and must say it's a nice one. I am currently without a 6 wheeler, just sold my Attex and am trying to track down a Mckee Roughrider that I sold 12 years ago to a couple of kids from Brown county Ohio.
    Speedway

Hi Speedway, welcome to the site. Good luck tracking down your Roughrider!

hello from Canada ,great site you have here , i stumbled across it the other day looking for info on 6x6,s on the net so i had to join .I Bought a max iv in the spring of last year that had to have some extensive repair work done on frame and drive line ,the previous owner bought it from and older gent who never used it .the guy i bought it from abused it and then stretched the main drive chains till the chain got caught in the chain tightener until it broke the frame ,crushing and tearing the t-20 from the frame ,it was a big mess but its all fixed now and a lot stronger. Now its going into my garage to be modified and i will post the pics of it as i go along ,,,once again great site ,,thanks dave from nova scotia

Hi dave, welcome to the site. It sounds like you have already done some extensive repair work on your Max. I saw the pictures you uploaded in the gallery. That is a nice looking Max IV. I look forward to seeing what your roll cage ends up looking like. Keep us posted.

thanks mike , This site is going to help give me some ideas on what mods to do to it for sure i see by the pics other people have submited my first thing i have to build is a 76" plow for the front for snow removal

+ Reply to Thread