New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 722 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

New guy liisting. Not sure about this. I an in Meredith NH. I own 4 Passa-par-touts, 2 Runners, 2 parts machines. 4 Cushman trackester. 1 Floater parts machine. 1 driver. 2 Complete machine for parts or reastore. 1 Cat-a-gator i am looking for info on the hyd clutch set up. And 1 more A SW-48 side walk plow. e-mail bushy@metrocast.net thanks Bushy

Quote Originally Posted by rvossenkemper View Post
    Hello, I just bought a 1997 Argo Vanguard. This is my first AATV. I gave it the once-over and everything seems to be pretty straightforward, mecahnically speaking. Wow, tires sure are expensive! Can anyone tell me what type of oil or transmission fluid the transmission takes?
    Hi rvossenkemper, if you will search the site there are a few posts on the transmission fluid. It will either be in the Argo or the transmission forum.

Quote Originally Posted by trials View Post
    hi mike i cant seem to find the other AAtv section so i can start a new thread, really need some COOT help. thanks, trials
    Click on "Forum" above and just scroll down to the forum called "Other AATVs" Here is a link: Other AATVs

Quote Originally Posted by deerchaser View Post
    Hello to everyone,I found this site while I was researching information on the mudd-ox diesel unit[great reviews by members] My name is Rick and I live in central Aberta,I have had moto-cross bikes,trikes,quads and at present drive a side x side which I use for pleasure riding and hunting.I rented a argo 6-wheeler years ago,but it was not for me at the time,but as the years go by I think that having an atv that has a cab and a heater to keep me warm and dry while still being able to to access the back woods would be great.Look forward to more great reviews on 8x8 atvs.
    Hi deerchaser, welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    New guy liisting. Not sure about this. I an in Meredith NH. I own 4 Passa-par-touts, 2 Runners, 2 parts machines. 4 Cushman trackester. 1 Floater parts machine. 1 driver. 2 Complete machine for parts or reastore. 1 Cat-a-gator i am looking for info on the hyd clutch set up. And 1 more A SW-48 side walk plow. e-mail bushy@metrocast.net thanks Bushy
    Hi Bushy, sounds like you will fit in well around here. Post some pictures of your machines if you get a chance

Welcome to the site everyone!

Hey All,

Just want to say "howdy" to all in the forum, I am the happy owner of a 99' MAX II that is actually being delivered tonight, I am a complete virgin to 6x6's or any ATV's for that matter, all i owned to date in the league was a Honda scooter 20yrs ago lol.. Looking to get to know everyone & hopefully get some answers & input on the new 6x6!

Hi sumpcommander, congratulations on your Max II. It should perform a little better than that Honda scooter you had. Let us know how the Max works out for you. Welcome to the site.

Hi guys, new to the site but not necessarily new to 6 wheelers. My dad had an early to mid 70s Max with JLO 260. It had the one piece tires, roll bar and enclosure and the original tilt trailer. My brother and I who are mid to late 30s still talk about it and how we always wanted to get one again. In the 80s we would take trips out west with the Max and Honda ATCs. I am still big into the ATCs but am thinking about a Max in the not too distant future since my girlfriend and young son are not experienced riders. I love the original Max (II) look but was considering the Max IV since it appears to be more user friendly for carrying multiple people. (My dad had put three belts in his 70s Max and I think a small child and 2 smaller adults is still doable.) Anyone have opinions on three people (with seat belts) in a Max II? The Max IV seems more utility type than the II, or does it just not look as sporty? Thanks guys.

Howdy everyone! My name is Wayne-I'm from central Wyoming. Have been enjoying this site as a guest and decided to join in. New to the 6x6 scene but not to offroading or motorsports. Purchased a 01 Max IV from a gentleman in Utah a couple weeks ago. Has tracks and 25hp kohler 4 stroke. Havent had a chance to really see what it will do in the snow yet but looking forward to it.

Hi coyleatc, welcome to the site. I think a Max II with three seat belts would be ok as long as the two adults are smaller. You could drive from the middle position and let one person sit on either side of you while still being somewhat comfortable. A Max IV would probably be a better choice though depending on how much riding you are going to do. They both give you similar performance with the Max IV having an edge in the mud if equipped with larger tires. The Max IV would give you room to grow as the child gets older since you could utilize the additional seating. A max II is a little more on the sporty side like you said, but not by much. It does have a little lower center of gravity compared to a Max IV that has the engine sitting over the transmission.

They are different machines, so go try each one out and then decide. The Max IV leaves you sitting over the front tires which isn't as good of a ride as the Max II where you are sitting over the center tires. You also have more leg room in a Max II but that can be a bad thing if you are shorter because you can't brace yourself as easily as in a Max IV.

Depending on where you are located, you may have a 6x6world member near you that could let you try one out. Or, you can find your closest dealer and go take a look first hand. That is really the best way to decide. Good luck.

Hi WYOWAYNO, welcome to the site. That Max should do well in the snow. When you get a chance to test it out, let us know how you like it.

Hello everyone, I joined 6x6world in my quest for the elusive Sur-Trek! (They sure are hard to find.) After seeing them on Gearz I knew I had to have one. After a lot of searching I realized I had a lot of work to do just to find someone in the Wisconsin area that has one. I got a tip from a small engine guy that he saw one in someone's garage, covered in boxes, in the county just north of me, about two years ago. Even after picking his brain he still couldn't remember where it was. All I know is at least there was, and probably still is, a Sur-Trek within 50 miles of me. I've been putting up wanted flyers in my area hoping I can kick one out. Does anyone have one they want to sell? Even if you don't want to sell it I'd be curious to know how much it would take for you to part ways with it. Anyone? Thanks!

Hi,
    I've done some wheeling in my jeep but last week I decided I should get into 6x6's. I'll be looking for a fixerupper so I guess I'll be asking lots of questions, it seems like I'm at the right place though.
    Thanks in advance,
    Roger

+ Reply to Thread