New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 722 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello 6x6 world. Totally new to all this. I came across a Terra Tiger abandoned in the woods. I don't know much about it. I was hoping someone on here would be able to tell me more about it when I upload some pics. I do know that is going to need a total make over.

Hi TigerJunk, welcome to the site. There are several Terra Tiger owners here so I'm sure someone can help you out if needed.

HELL0. MY NAME IS RICK I AM UP HEAR IN MINNESOTA. I JUST PICKED UP A HUSTLER 6X6 LAST NIGHT. IT HAD BEEN SITTING NEXT TO A BARN FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS [AT LEAST], OR SO I WAS TOLD. i HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CONFIRN WHAT YEAR IT IS. THE NAME PLATE SHOWS THAT IT'S A 960HK THE ENGINE IS A KOHLER TWIN 2 CYCLE W/PULL AND ELECTRIC STARTER. THE SHELL IS THE PLASTIC MODEL. I HAVE THE 21" TIRES W/5 LUGS. SO FAR I HAVEN'T SEEN OR HEARD ANYONE SPEAK OF THIS MODEL. ANYWAY I REPLACED ALL THE CHAINS AND ONE OF THE WHEEL BEARINGS. I NEED HELP ON CONFIRMING THE CORRECT WAY TO HOOK UP THE FUEL PUMP TO THE ENGINE CASE ANDTHE CARBURATOR. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP WITH MY PROBLEMS. THANKS, I AM EAGERLY OPERATING THE HUSTLER AS I AND MY SON ARE AVID HUNTERS AND IT WILL ELEVATE OUR HUNTING TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
    Last edited by BDRick48; 02-10-2013 at 11:49 PM. Reason: ADDITIONAL INFO

Hello Rick and TigerJunk

TigerJunk, There are some other 6x6World members in the Richmond, VA area. Try posting a new thread in the local members section of the site and they'll most likely chime in.

Rick, The Hustler you describe seems a lot like a 900 or 900HK. There are manuals for your Hustler in the "Literature" section here on the site. There's a nipple in the side of the block, I believe below the intake manifold. That's where the line hooks up that goes to the fuel pump. Start a new thread in the "Hustler" section of the site. There are many, many Hustler owners out there that can help you out there.

Welcome to the site, everyone!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks, i hope to have it runing inthe next fews days. I'm pretty sure i have it right but i better safe than sorry. Better to do it right the first time, as i'm not a paitent man when i have to troubleshoot a mistake when i could have avoided it by learning from others who know how to do it. I will post pictures of my progress on restoring and up grading my hustler.

Hi, Joined this group because alot of different members have various aatv's. I have been an atv owner now for over 35 years. 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, skidoo's, side x side's & argo.
    Currently driving a kawasaki Teryx-Special Edition. Loves the ride. Currently driving my son's Yahama 700 4 wheeler and loves that because off the power steering.

I had a 2000 argo conquest 8x8 for 5 years and sold it due to lack of use. I am now realizing that time is waisting and I am longing for that in the back country adventure again. Fishing, hunting and recreation use.

I have been browsing the forums trying to make up my mind on which 8x8 amphibous vehicle to get next. The new Argo's or the Mudd-Ox. From what I have gathered from forums - The newer argo with the admiral tranny that is being used for commercial companies - (Power Lines) have tranny issues. Destruction of tranny has been reported. Many supposed reasons but no apparent explanation or outright fix from ODG yet. Note - I haven't heard anyone chime in having problems with just recreational use.

I have been in contact with Mudd-OX and Matt has certainly filled me in on that machine and all the options he can do for me.

So, I will leave this introduction thread with that and post some questions in the appropriate forum section and hopefully I can make up my mind for the input off others. Altho this can be a very hot topic.

Hi my name is Jon and I bought my first aatv, a 2000 max4 last night. It needs just a little work and I am excited to ride soon. I am in WA so if anyone else is let me know, seems like most on this forum and most aatvs I see for sale on ebay ect. are on the east coast. It would be nice to know if there is a presence out west.

My name is Steve from Atlantic Canada, Bought a 98 Argo Bigfoot with winch brand new back in the day and after 750 hrs she's still crawlin along - just plowed the snow out of the driveway. Grease Grease and more chain oil is all I can say to keep one of these things moving, worked for me anyway. Never changed a bearing in this thing yet but of course its well over due and thats why I'm here - hope someone knows the fastest most efficient way to do an overhall. I want my argo to float for fishing season again!

Hello
    It's been a long time coming but I'm finally a proud new owner of a 6x6 aatv. Figured I would join the forum so I could get any questions I may have answered.
    My ride is a 19?? Super swamp fox that seems to be in pretty good shape but really needs a bigger engine. Btw my name is John and I am located in the north central part of ky. It looks like you guys have some very nice machines and I will hopefully have some pics of mine up soon.
    Thanks
    John

John,

I've got a Super Swamp Fox too. They're GREAT machines......very heavy duty and very well built. Do you have the Tecumseh OH160 in it? A popular engine swap would be an 18-23HP Briggs Vanguard. They, like the Tecumseh have a 1" shaft so you can use the same drive clutch that you currently have on your machine. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing more about your machine. Welcome to the site!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread