New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 722 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Solo-750-Stefan

Hi Stefan welcome to the amphibious forum.

Welcome 2 the site, I live in Clio, near Flint. If you have a trailer, there is an off-road park called "The Mounds". Check it out on the web via Genesee county parks & rec. Not alot of 6x6 or 8x8 riders, but lots of hills, mud & snow!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyColt222 View Post
    My names Bill and i live in southwest michigan. Recently bought a attex colt and I am ready to do some work on it to make it more reliable. My brother LarryW on here got me and my wife into these. We have rode dirtbikes and quads for sometime but these are a machine all there own. Hope to get some good riding in this year and look forward to help and ideas from you guys. Great site!
    Welcome CC222,

Welcome to the site.
    I have a place to ride that has a creek and a small pond and some wooded areas to ride on. My brother Bill has a motorcross track too, although I dont recommend jumping his feaky double jumps and such. It is still fun to climb them. But use caution when climbing over them. Make sure you know whats on the other side. Few drop off fast. I really dont know how I survived.

Lets get that thing going.

Smile

Well, to let ppl know...I added in my wooden hardtop pics. Lemme know what ya'all think.

I really wish I was rich, or that the economy was way better than it is now, because, I'd build myself a hardtop out of carbon fiber. Strong yet super light would be way cool, not too mention, would be safer to use while on water. The hardtop I built, I have to remove before entering water, because of top weight. It would flip me over, and that's no gouda.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Just wish I knew how to weld aluminum, cause then I would try making a hardtop outta that, which would be way lighter than a wood hardtop.

I also have to say, I love seeing all the pics of everyone else's mods (owner created accessories). Seeing them, gives me better ideas, so thanks a bunch!!!
    Last edited by Storms; 01-18-2009 at 03:06 PM.

I have pick up a 70’s model Hustler in need of a restoration. I hope to find answers to my many questions and maybe a few 6x6 friends along the way. I have already stripped everything down. I have just got the frame back from powder coat after fixing a few frame problems. I am now in the process of hunting bearings for the axels. Any leads on this would be helpful.

Glad to be here,
    Jason

new

Hi, Woody from Maryland, new to the site and new to sending these messages. My son bought a 70's Scrambler 6x6 a couple of years ago and it has sit in the garage in need of attention. Neither one of us know anything about a 6x6, except we want to fix it up for duck hunting. The first shock we got was the price of tires. I would appreciate any badly needed help on a couple of tire questions. Do your have to use the light weight, expensive, rawhide type tires if your going to go into the water? Will regular 2x4 or 4x4 ATV tires work? Will 2 ply work? or do you need 4 ply? Sorry to lay all this out there ;but I have to learn somewhere. This looks like a great place to find this stuff out. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Welcome to all of you new guys. Woody, on the tires, the rating isn't necessarily the most important thing. The reason you need rawhides or similar tires is due to the tread design. That's what propels it in the water. So if you weren't planning on going in the water then you could use any tire that fit but since you are, there are only a handful of tires that will swim well. Check the tire forum for some threads on which tires will swim well.

Hi, I just traded my junky projects for another guys junky projects and ended up with a Mckee Roughrider. I live in Southern Wisconsin so am rear end deep in snow right now.
    I have enjoyed the sight already and have gotten several ideas as how to put my AATV back together.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopr View Post
    Hi, I just traded my junky projects for another guys junky projects and ended up with a Mckee Roughrider. I live in Southern Wisconsin so am rear end deep in snow right now.
    I have enjoyed the sight already and have gotten several ideas as how to put my AATV back together.
    Welcome and good luck with your mckee!!! It pretty rare one so be good to it.

What is up with your name?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    What is up with your name?
    Pop Larry, Pop!

Welcome to the site bigpopr!

+ Reply to Thread