New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 669 of 722 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 667 668 669 670 671 679 719 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Owner of two 1970`s/1980`s Argos in Northern B.C. Canada. I been checking out this site for a good couple years now ever since I got my first 8x8 Argo in late summer of 2017 for any info I could find. I quickly learn mechanical transmission parts are gone with the dinosaurs. Anyway the 8x8 was in real rough shape. It had single cylinder Tecumseh which surprisingly ran. But had no go forward or reverse. Yup stripped transmission. So I find a place in the US sells NOS parts. I needed input shaft and double gear and reverse idler. No input shaft available but I snag the idler and double gear they have. I found a local to me machine shop who built me an input shaft. So the project begins and many changes made. Engine freshened up, trans rebuilt, new chains. Now what? Lets build a ROPS with canvas roof and windshield. Ok thats done now what? Front skid plate and full under belly protection with 1/4 inch UHMW. Ok done. Hmmm I need to plow snow for winter so I build a snow plow. Cool it works NOW what? I dont like the Tecumseh so out it goes and a brand new Honda GX630 twin cylinder goes in. So all R and D and fabrication is done by myself all over the last year and a half and its still not done. My last mod was replacing the single forward speed "JH" trans I rebuilt with a 610-17 HU trans from a 2000`s Bigfoot. Whats next? Well I picked up a 70`s Argo 6x6 in November 2018 in worse shape than the 8x8. So lets talk about the 6x6. I`ve just started this project as of this weekend. So far i`ve plastic weld patched a couple tub cracks, bed lined the whole inner/outer lower tub, all new idler bearings/chains and drive chains. Its no longer a Tecumseh but now a Honda GX620 twin cylinder. The "G" code transmission same story as the 8x8`s, stripped. I bought a trans a few weeks ago which thankfully had no stripped gears but with a 6.25:1 ratio in high gear its not exactly geared for speed. So after studying the Argo parts manual I came to the conclusion I can make this a high speed trans using two gears from the very first trans I rebuild for the 8x8. So here we are now its a high speed unit. So plans for the 6x6 is to strip off the green house paint from the upper body that someone in history used to change color from orange to a dark green. There is a special process to prep HDPE plastic to accept paint but in this case i`m bedlining the upper half beige and then painting it. It has the original windshield and at one point had a bimini top ( I know this because all the tube brackets are still riveted to the body) and a tonneau cover (because theres rows of snaps along the sides of the body) which I assume both accessories were taken off and lost years ago. So I shall build my own and give this little 6x6 its former glory. I have about 300 pictures of the 8x8 rebuild alone and I`m picture documenting the 6x6 as well. As soon as I make a photobucket account I will post a link because pictures say 1000 words.

Hello all, not a new member. I have been lurking for 7 years haha..Just purchased a 2018 Scout 6x6 to use on my property and have read many posts before I broke open the piggy bank!!
    Looking forward to the continued great info from the site! I have a camp about an hour Northwest of Albany with thirty acres and a nice beaver pond I hunt so plan on getting good use out of her.

new member. Just purchased a 2005 triton predator.

Hello all!

New guy here from NW Alberta with a new to me 2004 Avenger

Hello all,
    My name is Jim and I am from NE Saskatchewan. Moved here 2 years ago and bought a small ranch. This is gumbo peat soil around here and I came from a dry sandy area, so I had to rethink a lot of my methods.
    I was always a biker and a trail biker for the off-road trails but I find that doesn't work too well in our always wet slippery ground. So I bought an old Honda fourtrax which works well around the ranch. But we are on the edge of the forest which is full of muskeg and soft trails.
    The fourtrax isn't up to it (or maybe it's me, did I mention that I'm old?&#128561. So I found an old Argo and I'm rebuilding it. It's an early 80's HTB. Although the Tecumseh engine is in good shape (although missing the carb), I also found a good running Kohler twin complete with newer trans and hyd brakes from a similar year KB model, so I'm going to put that in instead.
    Most everyone around here are on quads and SxS's but I'm not so much into the speed anymore and I'm more interested in seeing how far back into the boonies I can explore.
    If there's anyone on here that's close to me and would like to do some exploring with me I'd like to talk to you! Skeg trails aren't real friendly if you break down alone!
    Thanks for letting me on your board!
    Jim

Welcome to the site jim. Post some pics of your machine.

Welcome to

6inthecylinder and Mulno, there is plenty of information on this site along with plenty of helpful members. Read as much as possible, search your specific wants and if you ask questions in the forums someone with try to answer.

welcome Yellowkodi1, sounds as if you've been around a bit, keep replying to threads. There are a few B.C.ers on here.

Welcome lostintime not many Triton's on here, course there are many Triton's either, post up some pics and let us know how you enjoy the machine in the other AATV forum.

Welcome Hotwheels81, good luck with the Avenger.

Welcome against the grain, you have you're work cut out for you, good luck with the swap.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hi ya'll, my name is Mike and i recently acquired a mid-80s Max II from a friend. It came with an 11hp briggs single cylinder installed, and a 16hp v-twin spare engine. Its from a cub cadet, i believe its a vanguard. The machine needs tons of stuff work, new rear chains, 2 tensioners, 6 tires, lots of tlc. This forum is a great resource for information, tech tips and great ideas for repairs and upgrades. Glad to be here, and i definitely have a ton of questions already about the machine.

Newbie,have wanted an amphibious for years,finally took the plunge!Found a swampfox that needs a little to.Runs good,been put on propane,not sure about that,but the biggest problem I have is no steering,this thing has four master cylinders,and it appears most of them are not functioning ,but I also noticed that each stick which operates two of them are hooked to a brake drum on both left and right sides? That doesn't seem feasible?Any help would be appreciated!can't find any information or service manuals for this thing,and I should tell a little bit about me,I am 56 a d live in Alabama!Thanks for accepting me into the group!

Sorry if I am responding at the wrong place I am new to 6x6 and to posting in any kind of forum. I purchased my first 6x6 about 6 months ago and have been reading this site since. I purchased what I believe ( from serial number) is a 1979 MAX2. The machine was well kept and in very good shape. Only major problem was replacing carburetor and doing a valve job on the 18hp B&S engine. I updated the body by installing winch, windshield, front and rear racks along with aluminum checker plate cover over engine compartment. Just about 2 weeks ago I found a set of original RI rubber tracks cheap on Craig’s list and purchased them. I am in the process of building wheel spacers and bearing extensions. Will be posting pictures and asking a lot of questions once I figure out how to do it. Oh by the way I am located in WV and hopefully will be able to attend one of the group outings. My other hobby is flying my hovercraft.

+ Reply to Thread