New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 678 of 722 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Cant figure out whats wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Welcome to the forum, B.A.K. What's the problem with your 7000?
    My series 7000 wont let me turn right...its like the left stick is not working. I tried adjusting the linkage but no help...please help me. This is my first experience with an aatv.

You may just need to adjust the brake pads. There are adjustment screws on the back side of the calipers: 9/16" jamb nut and 3/16" allen screw. Outboard are brakes and inboard are drive; turn screw clockwise to adjust for wear. Discs should turn freely when the sticks are in neutral (centered) position. Good luck.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thankyou Don...i really appreciate you taking the time to help. I have tried to adjust the pads but did the opposite of the right way. By the time I made it out to my shop I forgot which way I adjusted the first time and ended up doing it the same way as before.....im retarded....but I learned a lesson.... after I realized my mistake and properly adjusted (at least in the right direction this time) I believe this is the problem because the steering is starting to come around.... I am going to give it another shot this afternoon and hopefully I will get to finally take it swimming/fishing before it gets too cold... one other issue i need to figure out is that while in gear and giving throttle the transmission disengages..the shifting triangle doesnt seem to have moved but has to be switched backward then forward to renegade...Any input would be greatly appreciated..... my wife is still being hard to deal with so I have plenty of free time and the more I think about it I kinda enjoy the freedom.. now if I can get this thing sold I may look into getting an attorney..

I'm a broken down old duck hunter and am looking at getting a 8x8 Argo to get around in the swamp. Have never drove one or ridden in one, but think this will get me to where I want to go, mostly shallow cattail marshes and small sloughs. I have a ton of questions to ask.

hey all I just got a 1984 max 11.everything looked good until...well come to find out the bottom of the frame is rusted badly.im at a cross roads because the rest of the machine is in exc condition any advise .I have 3 g in it now ty

Quote Originally Posted by shultz55 View Post
    hey all I just got a 1984 max 11.everything looked good until...well come to find out the bottom of the frame is rusted badly.im at a cross roads because the rest of the machine is in exc condition any advise .I have 3 g in it now ty

Pull the frame. Cut out the old rotted metal and weld in new metal. Then powdercoat or paint. Floor pans in my vanguard were rusted out pretty bad as well as the front tube. Cut it all out and replaced. Then had the frame powdercoated.

I have always wanted to get into an Argo and just newly semi-retired I found an older model, 1987 for sale near my home in Michigan thumb. The machine is in good shape, well cared for and allows me entry into the AATV world. I see main use for it as an ice fishing machine and to navigate through some swampy woods behind my house. Figure I will start with this one and maybe upgrade as I get more into it. Now that I have more time on my hands!

Birdy3, welcome to the hobby! You will be able to find lots of great info and advice on this site. For Argos, be sure to visit the Argo section at: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-atvs/
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

Hello everyone. This is my second Argo, having sold the first after the motor went. Second one has been standing for some time and I can't get the Tecumseh to rev up. Bogs and dies. Cleaned the carburetor but no difference. Can't get a new main valve as it's obsolete. Any suggestions, help?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrykro View Post
    Hello everyone. This is my second Argo, having sold the first after the motor went. Second one has been standing for some time and I can't get the Tecumseh to rev up. Bogs and dies. Cleaned the carburetor but no difference. Can't get a new main valve as it's obsolete. Any suggestions, help?
    Post something up in the engine forum, pics are helpful along with location. Tecumseh's take a little finesse and time to figure out.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread