New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 722 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699 707 708 709 710 711 719 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi, my name is Ken Lee, and I'm from NorthCarolina. I just got an old Argo Vanguard 6x6, and I'm looking forward to blazing some trails!

Welcome, check out the Busco thread in the trail ride forums. There were some members looking to put a ride together soon since they missed the April annual this year

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

hey ken ...welcome ! yes , a few of us may gather for fathers day weeekend at busco beach atv park . keep a eye on the '' trail rides , events '' section on this site for updates. if it happens we would love to have you join up . if not ...the regular oct. gathering is usually a good turn out so thats coming up too . johnboy va.

I don't know if this is the right place to do the introduction but here goes;
    I have this ongoing project that started a long time ago. It's a custom renovation to a max 6x6...a very old one at that. The only remaining parts are the frame (lengthened to use larger tires), levers, axles,etc and the T-20 transmission. Body was made into a pond boat that was a miserable fail many years ago.
    Thru the years we have had an assortment of different engines on it but none were very successful.
    After the 40 + years of my obsession I have convinced my wife that this is the LAST attempt at a dependable running machine...for the grandkids to use.
    I need the perfect engine ...CCR...electric start...w/clutch to match the T-20 clutch...simplified wiring...etc.
    Any and all suggestions and or advice will be greatly appreciated. Be gentle...I'm not really a motorhead kinda guy...I'm a lifelong blacksmith and welder.
    Thanks

Welcome to the site. Sounds like a fun project. Maybe start a thread in the max section. Pictures will help too.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by boccop View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to do the introduction but here goes;
    I have this ongoing project that started a long time ago. It's a custom renovation to a max 6x6...a very old one at that. The only remaining parts are the frame (lengthened to use larger tires), levers, axles,etc and the T-20 transmission. Body was made into a pond boat that was a miserable fail many years ago.
    Thru the years we have had an assortment of different engines on it but none were very successful.
    After the 40 + years of my obsession I have convinced my wife that this is the LAST attempt at a dependable running machine...for the grandkids to use.
    I need the perfect engine ...CCR...electric start...w/clutch to match the T-20 clutch...simplified wiring...etc.
    Any and all suggestions and or advice will be greatly appreciated. Be gentle...I'm not really a motorhead kinda guy...I'm a lifelong blacksmith and welder.
    Thanks
    Welcome.
    I thought the same about a reliable engine and was looking to replace the Kohler 20 on my Sons Max IV.
    Check this out.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...ota-wg750.html
    After that I got a little crazy and ended up doing this;
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-bearings.html
    These Kubota engines are rock solid and can be found fairly inexpensive.
    Good luck on your "final" project.

I’ve been riding dirt bikes and quads for close to 40 years. A friend had an Attex 300 stored in a garage at a house I just sold and my Girlfriends kids saw it so now I have another project I didn’t need. Haha! So I’ll be on this forum a lot I’m sure. I know it at least runs. Imagine pulling a string connected to a short piece of throttle cable directly to the carb up over the seat. I pulled it with my teeth while using hands to drive. Yep. It was a sight to see ��. Now to get it running properly is the real challenge. I’ve rebuilt cars boats and dirt bikes but these are a bit different. Especially not having ever really worked on one and I know some parts are missing. I’ll get it figured out but I’m sure I’ll be needing a bunch of help and suggestions from here. I look forward to it and will appreciate any help I know I’ll receive! Richards Relics seems to be the place for parts !

Hi everyone. I’m Denny from Canada. I recently purchased a max ll 6 x 6. I am currently Rebuilding it. Any advice in guidance would be most appreciated. I’m looking to beef up the motor and maybe some mods to make it better. The site seems well laid out informative. Talk soon!

Welcome Russell. There’s tons of knowledge on here. Just ask in the Attex column.

Quote Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
    Hi everyone. I’m Denny from Canada. I recently purchased a max ll 6 x 6. I am currently Rebuilding it. Any advice in guidance would be most appreciated. I’m looking to beef up the motor and maybe some mods to make it better. The site seems well laid out informative. Talk soon!
    Welcome D-nice. Sorry for the delayed response. We’re much better at answering questions. Hope you enjoy it here.

+ Reply to Thread