New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 711 of 722 FirstFirst ... 211 611 661 701 709 710 711 712 713 721 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello everyone. My name is Terry Conner and I joined this site to try and help out my 87 year old Dad who owns a Max II 6 wheeler. I am an Army Veteran of the Vietnam Era. I have been a Volunteer Firefighter and State Certified Emergency Medical Technician in Pittsburgh, Pa. and a Volunteer Firefighter in Albright, West Virginia.

New member here. Grew up with ATV's in the 70's in the Buffalo,NY area.
    My Dad had a Scrambler and a member of Ribits Riders of WNY. Went to many ATV rallies in Ny, PA, Oh and MI. I have his old super 8 home movies I need to transfer to DVD. Been out of this hobby for many years glad to see it's alive and well.

Welcome Terry. Post what you are needing help with in the max atv forum.

Quote Originally Posted by markviiimark View Post
    New member here. Grew up with ATV's in the 70's in the Buffalo,NY area.
    My Dad had a Scrambler and a member of Ribits Riders of WNY. Went to many ATV rallies in Ny, PA, Oh and MI. I have his old super 8 home movies I need to transfer to DVD. Been out of this hobby for many years glad to see it's alive and well.

Welcome to the site. My dad still drives his truck with the Ribits Riders decal on the side door. His name is Gil Cheney. My brother Jim, Argojim on this site, was also a member as well as several others on this site.

Fred here: impulsively purchased a Buffalo Truck (ser# 19575) don’t know the year but it appears to be in great shape, with tracks and an aluminum dump bed. No idea what uses I have for it but it was good haying, pulled empty hay wagons…

Hello, I bought a kb model last year, and I am wanting to rebuild it. I have called the Argo dealerships, and found out that all the parts are discontinued. I am excited to be able to interact with all of you, and learn about these machines! I work in the auto body repair industry so this should be fun.

Hello

Hello... my name is charles and im from central ark....thx for the add... i have aquired a lockley wrangler and it is getting to be a pain.... body is fair... the last person that had it was a kid... and he put a predator 6.5hp in it... i have put a belt driven torque converter in it... and now im trying to get it ready for hunting season and today i found the rear axle bearings need replaced is their any particular place that still carriea parts or are they a common part...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Hello, I bought a kb model last year, and I am wanting to rebuild it. I have called the Argo dealerships, and found out that all the parts are discontinued. I am excited to be able to interact with all of you, and learn about these machines! I work in the auto body repair industry so this should be fun.
    There are still parts available for those KB models, depending on the year of yours you may still be able to get most of them brand new. The issue that some of the dealers run into is that a lot of the old parts have been updated and no longer use the old part numbers (axles are an example of this for your machine) and the dealers don't know where to look for the new ones. If you really want to, there's not a lot on those machines that you can't modify or replace with something you can still buy parts for, it's just a matter of how much time and skill it will take, and the $$$. I recently finished restoring my IC/Magnum machine which is just a bit newer than yours and I had no issues at all with parts. The only thing that could really hang you up in the transmission. Good luck with your restoration, I had a blast with mine!

Hello I have a max iv with. Predator 670 engine. When I turn right or go cross hill with theroght side on the uphill side the thing floods. I tried new fuel pump and I tried bending the float and I got a new carb and the problem persists. Anyone have input? Thanks

New member, Buffalo truck owner

Glad to finally post something to this group. I’ve been searching, diagnosing, and learning from this group for over a year. I bought a 1996 (I think) Buffalo truck from my son’s neighbor for $500a couple years ago. It has a 20hp Kohler. Two sets of tires, tracks and some extra parts. I couldn’t pass that up. He said it needed a new sprocket. (Chain was jumping violently) Chains and sprockets were on wrong on the right side. Took me a bit to figure it out. Cleaned the carb a few times. Got it running enough to start using it. I built a roll cage over the front, replaced the lights with LED’s, new winch, removed and painted/repaired the rear bed and frame sections, just finished replacing the 21x11-8 tires and sand blasted and painted both sets of wheels, drive belt, tachometer/temp gauge, custom rear chain adjusters (curtesy of the member ideas from this site) broke and replaced two front axles so far (original I believe). It’s finally too a point where I can just drive it without working on it or airing the damn junk tires first. Lol. I love this machine and I’m very happy to be part of this group. I’ve loved watching the you tube videos of your trips. Although I’m not very fast, I’m looking forward to some ATV trails in my home state of Maine.

-Jeremy

+ Reply to Thread